We want to wish everyone a safe and fun Halloween! While we’re still hard at work getting your favorite products out to your local craft store, a few of us decided to have some Halloween fun by dressing up!
We had soooo many amazing entries in our Halloween Crafting Contest it was near impossible to choose just three! We just knew these great products had to get in the hands of some of our great crafty fans, so we went with:
Congrats to all of our winners! You’ll receive an email from us shortly with information on how to claim your prize. A HUGE thank you again to everyone that participated. The projects were truly inspiring. If you haven’t already, take a moment to check out this blog post and visit the blogs of all those who entered!
We’ve been sharing some great fall and Halloween projects lately and will continue to do so all next week. Today we have a Distress Halloween Headstones tutorial by Candy Colwell! Check out the project page here for a full materials list, instructions, and step-out photos!
Now we want to see what you’ve been making. From now until noon eastern time on Halloween you can submit a photo of your fall or Halloween themed project for a chance to win some awesome Ranger products! What are you playing for you ask? Well… While getting ready for the big Warehouse Sale tomorrow, we found 3 leftover VIP bag from the CHA Summer Show. Each bag contains a mix of the new products we launched at the show and an awesome Ranger apron.
Ready to craft? Great! Submit your project using the InLinkz form below:
It’s only been a few months since we introduced the Dylusions Ink Spray Pad at the CHA Summer Show. Many of you have had the opportunity to use this amazing new product. During her latest visit to Ranger’s HQ, Dyan wanted to create a video that teaches you everything you need to know about her new Ink Spray Pad. If you’ve never used this product, you’ll learn how to get started… if you already have one in your crafting arsenal, Dyan also teaches some really neat advanced techniques.
Grab a cup of coffee, get comfy, and check out this super educational Dylusions Ink Spray Pad 101 video!
We have a great Halloween project for you today. Take a look at this Distress Halloween Box by Carolyn Ross! Wow! After reading all about how to make this amazing project, head over to Carolyn’s post over at the The Crafty Scrapper to enter their contest!
Ok, let’s get started! For this project you will need:
1. Using Tim Holtz Alteration dies from Sizzix, cut out two plaque edges, crow, moon, graveyard edge, branch tree, 31 and cut two ¾ x 4 ¼ strips from grunge board.
2. Glue plaque edges and strips to the edge of a small configuration box. Paint with Black Gesso. When dry, coat with Rock Candy Crackle Paint (do not use heat gun to dry crackle paint).
3. Dab Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint on frame.
4. Mist with water allowing the paint to go into the crackles. Dab excess off with paper towel. Brush paint around the edges.
5. Using Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Forest Moss And Mustard Seed Distress Paint, paint the moon, branch tree and “31” grunge board pieces. Paint crow with Black Gesso.
6. Apply the metallic brushed pewter and tarnished brass distress stain to the graveyard edge piece.
7. Sand grunge board pieces and ink with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink using a Blending Tool with Foam. Ink edges of graveyard piece with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.
8. Cover crow with Glossy Accents. It will look milky but will dry clear, do not use heat gun to dry.
9. Apply Mustard Seed Distress Stickles to the moon, spread with your finger.
10. Cut one 5 x 5, one 1 ½ x 7 and four 1 ½ x 5 stripes of pattern paper. Stamp (CMS139) “trick or treat” on 7 inch strip of paper.
11. Using stencil stars (THS008), tape with tissue tape to 5 x 5 papers to secure. Using tissue tape, tape over stars that you do not want to show. Using Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste and Ranger Craft Scraper apply embossing paste to stencil.
12. Apply Seedless Preserves Distress Glitter to paste, shake excess onto a scratch piece of paper and pour back into glitter jar.
13. Glue strips of paper in the insides of the box and the 5 x 5 piece in the bottom of the box. Using Ranger Pop-It Shapes, glue moon to upper right hand corner. Glue crow in the branch tree, glue graveyard edge and branch tree in the box creating a 3-D effect.
14. Put cover on and glue “31” to the center top of the frame. Banner fold the stamped paper, snip ends and glue to the bottom of the frame.
Happy Halloween Tag by Daniela Mozo
- Tim Holtz Distress Glitter-Seedless Preserves, Rusty Hinge, Black Soot, Peeled Paint
- Tim Holtz Distress Stain-Ripe Persimmon, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint-Forest Moss, Fired Brick, Chipped Sapphire
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Spiced Marmalade, Old Paper, Brushed Corduroy
- Stickles Glitter Glue-Orange Peel, Dark Blue
- Perfect Medium Ink Pad
- Perfect Pearl Pigment Powder-Forever Violet
- Perfect Pearl Brushes
- Adirondack Pigment Ink-Pitch Black
- Archival Ink-Jet Black
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Ranger Surfaces #12 Manila Tag
- Dylusions Day of the Head Stamp Set
- Dylusions Stencils – Bert
Halloween Treat Bag by Patti Behan
- Ranger Surfaces Manila Cardstock
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint-Chipped Sapphire, Brushed Pewter, Seedless Preserves
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad-Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Seedless Preserves, Ripe Persimmon
- Tim Holtz Distress Glitter
- Archival Ink Pad-Jet Black
- Ranger Wonder Tape
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Ranger Heat it Craft Tool
- Ranger Glossy Accents
Learn how to make this bag by checking out the tutorial over on Patti’s blog!
My local craft store is full of leaves, flowers, and home décor items that could really use some better coloring. My solution? Get out my Ranger color mediums and customize! This project is quick, easy, and requires no adhesive. Thanks to my paints, stains, and mists I have a unique home décor piece that will grace my mantle this fall – and for many years to come. –May Flaum
For this project you will need:
1. Cover the pumpkin with a thin coat of Distress Paint in Picket Fence.
2. Once dry, use Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge paints to cover the pumpkin.
We are so happy to see such a positive response to the new Distress Paint colors. We’re glad you are as excited as we are. These additions are sure to be a part of some amazing holiday projects this year. As promised we are giving away a few sets, but first we want to share this very cool project by Marjie Kemper.
This Dylusions/Distress Altered Composition Notebook is the perfect way to put a crafty touch on a traditional, boring composition notebook. For this project you will need:
- Dylusions Ink Sprays: Lemon Zest, Squeezed Orange, Bubblegum Pink, After Midnight
- Tim Holtz® Distress Paint: Picked Raspberry, Black Soot
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink Pads: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet™
- Ranger Glossy Accents™
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz® Collection Cling Mount Stamps: Eye Chart, School House, Dot Fade, Measured, Bubble
- Tim Holtz® by Tonic Studios® | Kushgrip Snips
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Kraft Resist Paper Stash, Film Strip Ribbon, Ornate Plate, Sprockets, Gears, Mini Gears, Muse Token, Paperclip, Long Fasteners
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix: Vagabond machine, Styled Label die, Washer Border die, Dot Matrix Texture Fade, and Collage Texture Fade
- Composition Notebook
- Xyron® 9” Creative Station
- Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper
- Golden gel medium
- Making Memories tiny alphabet stickers
Step 1. Cut a piece of Kraft Resist paper to fit the notebook cover and round the right-hand corners.
You’ve been asking for it (several times a day) and it is coming! The 2013 Ranger Warehouse Sale will be a one day only event held on Saturday, October 26th from 9AM to 2PM.
You’ll find discontinued and slightly imperfect Arts & Crafts/Scrapbooking Supplies such as Stamp-Pads, Glitter-Glue, Embossing Powders, Embellishments, and much more. Many of these items will be priced 50% to 75% off wholesale!
We are located at 15 Park Rd, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 (Across from the Applebee’s.) Be sure to bring cash or checks as credit cards are not accepted. See you there!
In celebration of World Card Making Day, Ranger’s own Patti Behan created this amazing Distress With Gratitude Card for Operation Write Home!
Operation Write Home supports our nation’s armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as “AnyHero” cards of gratitude to encourage them. Operation Write Home has over 150 sketches available on their website to spur your creativity and that is exactly what Ranger’s Patti Behan used to come up with this great card!
Patti was inspired by this sketch to make this card! Wow!
To make this card, you will need:
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint-Aged Mahogany and Chipped Sapphire
- Tim Holtz Distress Pads-Frayed Burlap
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool with Foam
- Ranger Non-Stick Cardstock
- Ranger Heat it Craft Tool
- Ranger Wonder Tape
- Ranger Surfaces Kraft Cardstock
- Ranger Craft Scraper
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Craft Sticks
- Core’dinations Kraft Core Cardstock –Black and Red
- Tim Holtz idea-ology- Ring Fasteners, Jump Rings, Tag Labels, Signmaker Alpha Parts, Border Industrious Stickers, Locket Keys Keyhole, label letters
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Stencils-Stars and Stripes
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Stamp Set-Psychedelic Grunge
- Dreamweaver Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Embossing Paste
- Masking tape
- Paper trimmer
Cut red cardstock to 8.5” x 5.5” and fold in half to make a 4.25”x 5.5” card. Cut Black cardstock to 4”x 5.25” and cut Kraft cardstock to 3.75” x 5”.
Center stencil over Kraft cardstock and tape down with masking tape. Shake Aged Mahogany Distress Paint and pour a drop onto the Non-Stick Craft Sheet. Apply paint to foam on Ink Blending Tool and dab paint through the stencil. Remove the stencil and let dry or speed dry with Heat it Craft Tool. Wash stencil immediately after use.
Randomly stamp circles all over Kraft background with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
Place star stencil diagonally on Kraft background and secure with masking tape. Scoop out some embossing paste with a craft stick and place it on the craft scraper. Apply paste through the stencil.
Remove the stencil and let dry.
Shake Chipped Sapphire paint well and apply paint to stars. Lightly dry brush the Chipped Sapphire paint randomly on the front and edges of the Kraft background. Let dry.
Add embellishments to Kraft background as shown. Apply Black cardstock to card front with Wonder Tape.
Attach Kraft cardstock to card front with Wonder Tape and add the rest of the embellishments.
P.S. We know a lot of you have been asking us about our famous Warehouse sale. We have a special announcement tomorrow on our blog at 8am eastern. See you then! 🙂
We have some exciting news to share today! Ranger and Tim Holtz® are excited to announce 6 new shades of Distress Paint!
Perfect to add a festive feel to your holiday projects, but diverse enough to use all year round, Distress Paints are now available in Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany, Pine Needles, Stormy Sky, Iced Spruce, and Evergreen Bough!
To celebrate this launch, we will be giving some of these awesome new colors away. To be entered, leave a comment below telling us which one of these new colors is a “must have” for you. We’ll pick a few winners on Monday, so be sure to check back.
Read the official press release here, check out the photos of Stormy Sky in the making below, then head over to Tim’s blog for more photos, information, and another contest!