Each month members of our team at Ranger HQ sneak in a bit of creative time to create projects inspired by Tim Holtz’s monthly tag. This month members of the team created projects inspired by his November Tag.
Grateful Tag by Kathy Paglia
My inspiration this month came from my family coming home for Thanksgiving.
- Tim Holtz Distress Stain – Carved Pumpkin, Candied Apple, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint – Aged Mahogany, Candied Apple, Mustard Seed, Picket Fence
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Aged Mahogany, Ground Espresso
- Tim Holtz Distress Markers – Ground Espresso, Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs
- Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock
- Dina Wakley Media Mica Spray – Ruby
- Stickles – Cranberry, Christmas Red, Rose Gold, Yellow, Orange Slice
- Ranger Multi-Medium – Matte
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Ranger #8 Manila Tag
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool and Foam
- Tim Holtz by Tonic Studios Kushgrip Snips
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix – Bigz Die – Branch Tree
- Tim Holtz idea-logy – Chit Chat Stickers and Big Chit Chat Stickers
- Tim Holtz by Stampers Anonymous – Mixed Media Stamp Set
Thankful 2016 by Phil Quagliariello
I made this tag because I am thankful for my blessings.
- Ranger Surfaces – #10 Manila Tag, Watercolor Card Stock, Sticky-Back Canvas
- Wendy Vecchi Designer Series Archival Ink – Dandelion
- Tim Holtz Distress Stains- Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Picket Fence, Ripe Persimmon, Salty Ocean
- Tim Holtz Distress Markers – Barn Door, Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy, Crushed Olive, Forest Moss, Ground Espresso, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Black Soot, Old Paper, Vintage Photo
- Dylusions Paint Pen – White
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool and Foam
- Ranger Heat it Craft Tool
- Ranger Mister Bottle
- Tim Holtz by Stampers Anonymous Thankful Silhouettes (CMS116)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology- Paperie: Remnant Rubs (Life Quotes, Elements 2, Special Delivery, Words, Botanical, Numbers; Findings: Muse Tokens; Remnant Rub Tool
- Tim Holtz by Tonic Studios-Paper Distresser, Kushgrip Snips, Retractable Craft Knife/Craft Pick
Travel by Jaime Glavasich
My inspiration for this tag was traveling to see family for Thanksgiving.
- Ranger Surfaces – #8 Kraft Tag
- Archival Ink – Jet Black
- Ranger Embossing Powder – Brick
- Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink – Meadow, Butterscotch, Poppyfield
- Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain – Bundled Sage, Festive Berries, Carved Pumpkin, Squeezed Lemonade
- Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium
- Dina Wakley Media Cling Mount Stamps – Scribbly Birds
Guest Designer Sandra Botham shares with us how to make this Winter Wishes Card using her favorite Dylusions products!
Find Sandra’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Winter Wishes by Sandra Botham
Guest Designer Anita Houston shares with us how to make this Faux Suede Poinsettia Noel Card using Ranger products!
Find Anita’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Faux Suede Poinsettia Noel Card by Anita Houston
Step 1: Die cut Distress Heavystock and co’redinations cardstock in pumpkin, leaf and name shapes.
Step 2: Emboss leaves in your favorite embossing folder.
Step 3: Apply perfect medium to leaves and dust with perfect pearl powders.
Step 4: Apply Distress inks to pumpkin, stem and name and heat emboss the name.
Step 5: Assemble using matte medium and foam tape.
Step 1: Using Dylusions Black Marble Paint Pen, letter the word “Thankful for” on the top half of the birch wood round.
Step 2: Using the Ranger Emboss It Pen in Clear, use the open space below the words to fill in a name.
Step 3: Sprinkle the birch wood round where you just wrote with Ranger Copper Embossing Powder. Tap off excess powder.
Step 4: Heat Embossing Powder with Ranger Heat It Tool.
Step 1:Prime pinecone or pinecone tips with Dina Wakley Media White Gesso.
Step 2:Paint using metallic paint of choice. I used Ranger Paint Dabber in Gold Metallic & Liquid Pearls in Rose Gold mixed with Garnet. Allow to dry.
Step 3:Cut a strip of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock and create mottled background using Distress Spray Stains and water.
Step 4:Using the Ranger Embossing Pen and Embossing Powder to create metallic edging around place card. Write name with Embossing Pen and emboss with color of choice.
Step 1: Die cut two leaves out of Mixed Media Cardstock.
Step 2: Press inkpads onto the Craft Sheet to transfer blocks of ink next to each other. Mist ink with water and drag die cut leaves through to color them. Set aside to dry.
Step 3: Cut one of the tags to 4” wide. Use the embossing dabber to edge both of the tags as shown. Pour Orange Blossom Powder over the ink, remove excess and heat emboss. Repeat using accents of Gold Embossing Powder.
Step 4: Score the untrimmed tag 1” from the bottom and fold the 1” tab up toward the top of the tag. On the back side of the trimmed tag, place a 1” strip of Wonder Tape along the bottom and two sides. Adhere the trimmed tag onto the 1” folded tab and around the back to form a pocket.
Step 5: Cut a piece of burlap to 7” x 3” and fray the edges a bit. Adhere to the center of the Pocket and around the back. Glue the leaves down with Adhesive Strips.
Step 5: Print name on cardstock and cut as shown. Ink edges using Ink Blending Tool and foam. Glue down with Adhesive Strips.
Looking for a personalized and simple DIY gift this holiday season? Taylor Huizenga shares with us how to make one-of-a-kind coasters using your very own photographs and ICE Resin®!
Find Taylor’s tutorial in our Projects Library: ICE Resin® Polaroid Coasters by Taylor Huizenga
Signature Designer Dina Wakley shares with us how to make this adorable Autumn Leaves Mini Book from her Dina Wakley Media line products!
Find Dina’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Autumn Leaves Mini Book by Dina Wakley
Guest Designer Richele Christensen shares with us how to make this Falling Leaf Card using Tim Holtz Distress® Products!
Find Richele’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Falling Leaf Card by Richele Christensen
Guest Designer Carisa Zglobicki shares with us how to make this Autumn Leaves Art Journal Page using Dina Wakley Media products!
Find Carisa’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Autumn Leaves Art Journal Page by Carisa Zglobicki
Inspire your creative side with more new releases from Ranger! This launch includes exciting new product from Tim Holtz Distress® and Dylusions by Dyan Reaveley.
Introducing two new sets of Distress Crayons that coordinate with the Distress Palette! Distress Crayons are formulated to achieve vibrant coloring effects on porous surfaces for mixed media. The smooth water-reactive pigments are ideal for water coloring, creating smudge effects, and more! Color directly onto your surface and blend with water, then layer with Distress Inks, Stains, and more for creative possibilities.
AVAILABLE IN 2 NEW SETS OF 6 COLORS & WATER REACTIVE PIGMENTS
Download a copy of the press release here: Tim Holtz Distress® Crayons Sets #6 & #7.
Distress Crayon Sets #4-5 now available in open stock and display! Distress Crayons are formulated to achieve vibrant coloring effects on porous surfaces for mixed media. The smooth water-reactive pigments are ideal for water coloring, creating smudge effects and more! Color directly onto your surface and blend with water then layer with Distress Inks, Stains and more for creative possibilities.
AVAILABLE IN 30 DISTRESS PALETTE COLORS & DISPLAY AVAILABLE WITH 5 EACH OF ALL 30 COLORS
Download a copy of the press release here: Tim Holtz Distress® Open Stock Crayons.
Convenient Flip Tops are great for quick and easy application of Distress Paint with brushes, blending tools, splatter brushes and more! With a timeless matte finish, Distress Paints are very fluid water-based acrylic paints for use on multiple surfaces. Developed to be reactive with water, like other products in the Distress family, Distress Paints are the perfect choice to accomplish a wide variety of artist techniques. Use with stamps, paper, wood, metal, glass, plastic and more!
1 OZ. PAINT WITH FLIP TOP LID, ACID FREE & NON-TOXIC, AVAILABLE IN 64 DISTRESS PALETTE COLORS
Download a copy of the press release here: Tim Holtz Distress® Flip Top Paints.
Tim Holtz Distress® Mixed Media Heavystock is a durable 110lb, smooth surface that can be altered with inks, paints, stamps, and more. The heavyweight surface stands up to your favorite wet and dry Distress techniques making creative possibilities endless. Mixed Media Heavystock is also ideal for die cutting.
110 LB MIXED CARDSTOCK, FOR ALL TYPES OF MIXED MEDIA CRAFT PROJECTS, USE WITH DISTRESS MARKERS, CRAYONS, INKS, STAINS, & PAINTS, SOLD IN PACKS OF 10 – 8.5” X 11”, 20 – 4.25” X 5.5”, & 20 – #8 TAGS
Download a copy of the press release here: Tim Holtz Distress® Mixed Media Heavystock.
Dylusions Mixed Media Cardstock is a durable 88lb, smooth surface that can be altered with inks, paints, stamps, collage elements, embellishments and more. The same great surface found in the Dylusions Creative Journals, Mixed Media Cardstock stands up to all types of wet and dry techniques making the creative possibilities endless. Mixed Media Cardstock is great for Dylusions ghosting and faux bleach effects, applying mediums and layering, stamping, inking and art journaling.
88 LB MIXED MEDIA CARDSTOCK, FOR ALL TYPES OF MIXED MEDIA CRAFT PROJECTS, USE WITH DYLUSIONS PAINT, INK SPRAYS, MICA SPRAYS, & MORE, SOLD IN PACKS OF 10 – 8.5” X 11” SHEETS
Download a copy of the press release here: Dylusions Mixed Media Cardstock.