Insipred by Tim | December
Each month members of our team at Ranger HQ sneak in a bit of creative time to create projects inspired by Tim Holtz’s monthly tag. This month members of the team created projects inspired by his December Tag.
Christmas Tag By Kathy Paglia
My inspiration this month came from the nostalgic packaging on the paper stash.
- Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain – Mowed Lawn, Bundled Sage
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Bundled Sage
- Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock
- Stickles Glitter Glue – Christmas Red
- Ranger Multi-Medium – Matte
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Ranger Surfaces – #8 Manila Tag
- Ranger Adhesive Strips
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool and Foam
- Tim Holtz Tonic Kush Grip Snips
- Tim Hotlz Idea-ology – Salvage Stickers, Paper Stash – Yuletide, Jute String – Christmas, Jingle Brad, Adornments – Pinecones, Adornments – Wreaths, Woodlands tree, Word Bands – Christmas, Fragments, Typed Token – Christmas
- Tim Holtz by Stampers Anonymous –Layering Stencil – Hearts
Merry and Bright Frame By Terry Horvath
I was inspired by this technique to make a keepsake for my mom.
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Walnut Stain
- Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain – Fired Brick
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint – Picket Fence
- Ranger Shiny Foil Sheets -Vintage Gold
- Ranger Mini Collage Glue Stick
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool with Foam
- Ranger Multi Medium – Matte
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink – Mushroom
- Ranger Heat it Craft Tool
- Tim Holtz by Core’dinations – Kraft Core/Asst. Green
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Paper Stash/Tidings, Wishbone, Framed Panel, Typed Tokens/Christmas, Adornments/Arrows/Wreaths/Snowflakes, Jingle Brads, Jute String, Mirrored Star, Vial Label, Remnant Rubs, Letterpress – Holidays
- Tim Holtz by Stampers Anonymous – Stamp: CMS227 – Life Quotes; Stencil: layering stencil/dots
- Tim Holtz by Tonic Studios – Craft Pick, Sanding Grip, Mini Snips
- Tim Holtz Distress Splatter Brush
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix: Holiday Words Script/vagabond, punches/pine/juniper/holly/laurel
- Hot Glue Gun
Christmas 2016 Tag By Phil Quagliariello
I was inspired by Christmas!
- Ranger Surfaces – #8 Manila Tag, Adhesive Foil Sheet
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn, Fired Brick, Mustard Seed
- Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink
- Ranger Embossing Powder- Yellow, Red, Bridal Tinsel, Enchanted Gold, Turquoise
- Ranger Liquid Pearls- Lime
- Ranger – Enamel Accents- Blue Ribbon, Classic Cherry, Electric Lime, Glacier White, Grape Soda, Lemon Twist
- Ranger Multi Medium – Matte
- Tim Holtz by Core’dinations – Kraft Core Nostalgic
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix Thinlits: Celebrate, Friends, Merry & Bright, SAL660980
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Trimmings – Tinsel Twine
- Ranger Small Brayer
- Tim Holtz by Tonic Studios -Craft Tool Pick and Knife
Guest Designer Miranda van den Bosch shares with us how enjoy the winter season with this Dylusions Winter Wonderland Journal Spread!
Find Miranda’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Winter Wonderland Journal Page by Miranda van den Bosch
Guest Designer Milagros Rivera shows you how to make a clever box using Dylusions Journaling tags.
Find Milagros’ tutorial in our Projects Library: Holiday Present Box by Milagros Rivera
Guest Designer Tracy Scott shares with us how to make this Dyan styled Holiday Welcome sign using her favorite Dylusions products!
Find Tracy’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Holiday Welcome Sign by Tracy Scott
Once again we have teamed up with Et Cetera Papers to show you what a great match they are with Ranger Products. The Birch Wood Sheets are a great way to make turn an ordinary tag into an extraordinary delight. The texture of the wood grain gives the tag a rich look. Archival Ink stamps a clear image and Distress Markers and Stickles are the perfect finish to add color and some sparkle. Make multiples of these tags by placing your stamps on one or two gridblocks at once to save a couple steps.
Et Cetera Papers Birch Wood Sheets with Adhesive Backing
Ranger Surfaces: #5 Manila Tag
Tim Holtz Distress Markers: Festive Berries, Pine Needles
Ranger Archival Ink Pad: Jet Black
Dylusions Holiday Stamp/Stencil Set: Dear Santa
Tim Holtz by Stampers Anonymous: Mini Weathered Winter Stamp set, Grid Blocks
Step 1: Cut a Birch Wood Adhesive Sheet to the size of a number 5 tag, punch a hole in it and remove paper backing. Adhere to Ranger #5 Manila tag.
Step 2: Stamp the “present,” “to” and “from” onto the tag using Jet Black Archival Ink on the Birch Wood side of the tag. To make your stamping faster, you can place all the stamps on one grid block.
Step 3: Color the image with Distress Markers.
Step 4: Add some Stickles and a ribbon.
Step 5: Then personalize your tag using Distress Markers.
Be sure to visit Et Cetera’s blog to learn another technique using Et Cetera and Ranger products!
Check out more from Et Cetera:
Sign-up for ETC Paper’s blog today and receive a weekly dose of inspiration along with a coupon sent directly to your in-box, good towards any of their real woodgrain products.
Guest Designer Milagros C Rivera shares with us how to make a textured Happy Christmas card and gift tags using some of her favorite Ranger and designer products!
Find Milagros’ tutorial in our Projects Library: Happy Christmas Card by Milagros C Rivera
Guest Designer Richele Christensen shares with us how to make this holiday clock decoration using Tim Holtz Distress® Products!
Find Richele’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Holiday Assemblage Clock by Richele Christensen
Our Guest Designer Carisa Zglobicki shares with us how to make this vintage inspired Christmas card using Dina Wakley Media products!
Find Carisa’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Hand Painted Vintage Inspired Christmas Card by Carisa Zglobicki
Our Guest Designer Audrey Pettit shares with us this simple, easy, and festive holiday tag to spruce up your presents using Distress products!
Find Audrey’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Peace Tag Set by Audrey Pettit
Signature Designer Wendy Vecchi shares with us how to make these quick, easy, and adorable holiday towels using her Archival Ink!
Find Wendy’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Stenciled Holiday Towel by Wendy Vecchi