Welcome the fall season with a three-dimensional tag that uses Sticky-Back Canvas and a cornucopia of other Ranger products.
By Wendy Vecchi
1. Use Jet Black Archival to stamp the acorn on a #8 tag, about ¾” from the bottom. Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the wet image, return excess powder to the container & use the Heat it Tool to emboss the image.
2. Use the blending tool and foam with Brushed Corduroy to ink over the acorn & past the edges, to create a shadow.
3. Use the blending tool and foam to apply Faded Jeans and Peeled Paint Distress Inks to cover the tag.
4. Use Jet Black to stamp the spider and the polka dot border as shown.
5. Use Crushed Olive Distress Ink on the blending tool and foam to stencil 3 random areas with the Dylusions stencil.
6. Remove the backing sheet from the natural Sticky-Back Canvas and apply to a sheet of Clearly For Art. Use Jet Black to stamp the acorn twice & dry. Cut out one full acorn & just the top from the second acorn.
7. Mist the canvas acorns with water from the mister & apply Brushed Corduroy Distress Stain to the full acorn & Walnut Stain Distress Stain to the extra top. Spread the inks with a blending tool and foam. Dry with Heat it Tool.
8. Heat the acorn pieces from the back to soften the Clearly For Art, then mold to shape, while warm. Use hot glue to glue the extra top to the full acorn. Use black Paper String to accent the acorn top & add a Type Charm with the mini pin.
9. Use Olive Archival to stamp one oak leaf on manila cardstock & use Monarch Orange Archival to stamp the oak leaf 2 times. Sprinkle clear embossing powder over the images, heat to emboss, then cut out.
10. Use Peeled Paint on the blending tool and foam to ink the green leaf & use brushed corduroy on the blending tool and foam to ink the 2 orange leaves. Slightly bend the leaves to create dimension.
11. Ink the plaid stamp using Jet Black, then stamp over the tag topper. Sprinkle with clear embossing powder & heat to emboss. Ink the tag topper with Peeled Paint Distress Stain & dry. Glue the tag topper to the tag using Multi-Medium.
12. Glue the 3 leaves to the bottom of the tag using Multi-Medium, then glue the acorn in place over the stamped image. Use a big “blob” of hot glue under the acorn and glue the Blossom Bucket yellow flower to the lower left of the acorn, as shown.
13. Use the Sanding Grip to distress the Tile letters, add brushed corduroy to the edges & glue to the tag topper with Multi-Medium.
14. Embellish the tag topper with brown & black Paper String.