Make a colorful card with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints, Black Gesso and Metal Foil Tape.
By Lisa Dixon
(1) Emboss one four-and-one-quarter inch by five-and-one-half inch sheet of Inkssentials Surfaces Metal Foil Tape Sheet using the Patchwork Texture Fades Embossing Folder in the Vagabond machine.
(2) Working on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet, paint a coat of CH Studio Black Gesso on the embossed surface of the Inkssentials Metal Foil. Use a baby wipe to remove the Black Gesso from the raised portions of the foil.
(3) Use the CH Studio Semi-Gloss Acrylic Paints to apply varied colors to the raised portions of the embossed foil. Colors used for this card were Altered Orange, Dab of Yellow, Landscape Green, Purple Palette, Sky Blue and Blank Canvas. Allow paints to dry completely.
(4) Cut a four-and-three-quarter inch by six inch rectangle from white cardstock. Adhere the painted foil to the center of the cardstock.
(5) Cut a three inch by three-quarter inch scrap of white cardstock. Stamp sentiment using Jet Black Archival ink and adhere to the bottom right corner of the painted foil using foam tape.
(6) Cut a ten inch by six-and-one-quarter inch rectangle of Dusty Concord cardstock from the Ranger Distress Core’dinations Collection. Score and fold in half to make the card base.
(7) Adhere the painted foil to the center of the card base to complete.