Create a weather-worn scrapbook page with Distress Crackle Paint™ and Distress Inks™!
By Tim Holtz
(1) Remove Grungeboard Flourish from Elements pack, and “just me” from Alpha pack.
(2) Adhere the Grungeboard pieces to the top area of your craft sheet with glue dots to hold the pieces in place.
(3) Paint Flourish with Weathered Wood Distress Crackle Paint, and Letters with Black Soot Distress Crackle Paint. Let dry and crack.
(4) Paint a shabby frame around patterned paper with Old Paper Distress Crackle Paint. Let dry and crack.
(5) Drag Paper Distresser along edges of crackled paper to create a tattered edge.
(6) Ink edges of paper and over crackled areas using Ink Blending Tool and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
(7) Ink Grungeboard Flourish using Ink Blending Tool with Walnut Stain Distress Inks working the ink into the cracks.
(8) Apply Snow Cap White Paint Dabber over crackle Letters working ONE AT A TIME.
(9) Immediately mist over with water from Mini Mister and wipe excess paint off leaving white paint in the cracks.
(10) Adhere photo to black cardstock and distress edges with Paper Distresser.
(11) Attach to background paper using adhesive first.
(12) Place Photo Hangers above photo and pierce holes through photo using Craft Pick.
(13) Secure to page with Long Fasteners.
(14) Pierce 2 holes above each Photo Hanger through background paper using Craft Pick.
(15) Insert Long Fasteners into each hole.
(16) Wrap a piece of 24g. wire around brads and thread through Photo Hangers.
(17) Pierce 5 holes along bottom of photo using Craft Pick.
(18) Secure Long Fasteners through holes.
(19) Place page on to Hammer Mat and hammer all Long Fasteners using Texture Hammer (be sure to use the “metal bumps” texture tip on hammer”).
(20) Using Glossy Accents, adhere crackled Flourish Grungeboard to layout.
(21) Using Glossy Accents, adhere “just me” to layout.