Use Tim Holtz Distress Paint and Stains to create this simple scrapbook layout.
By Patti Behan
1. Working on a piece of scrap paper, use the Sanding Grip to lightly sand the entire piece of the Chipped Sapphire Cardstock. Then sand around the edges with a heavier hand.
2. Lightly paint the edges with Wild Honey and then highlight with a small amount of Chipped Sapphire. Set aside.
3. Paint the Muse Token with Wild Honey paint and a small piece of ball chain with Picket Fence. Set aside to dry.
4. Emboss a 4” x 5” piece of Manila Cardstock in the compass embossing folder.
5. Working on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet, paint the entire piece of embossed cardstock with Scattered Straw Distress Stain, letting a small amount of the manila to still show through.
6. Place some Chipped Sapphire Distress Paint onto the Non-Stick Craft Sheet and use your finger to apply the paint onto the raised areas. Use the dabber top to apply the paint to the edges. Set aside to dry.
7. Stamp the saying, “CLASS OF” and “2012” onto a piece of manila cardstock. Dry with the Heat it Tool and then use a paper trimmer to cut the three pieces as shown. Graze the edges with Chipped Sapphire and Wild Honey paint. Dry with Heat it Tool.
8. Mat photos with Kraft Core Paper using Wonder Tape.
9. Glue all the pieces as shown. Adhere bottom left photo, stamped manila pieces and Muse Token with Pop it Shapes.
10. Glue the Ball chain down with Multi-Medium to highlight a portion of the photo.