Learn to make a beautifully blended background with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Dylusions Ink Sprays
By Ronda Palazzari
1. Create a blended background on a #8 manila craft tag, using a variety of Distress Inks and Blending Tool. Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Aged Mahogany, and Walnut Stain were used here.
2. Tear old text and adhere to the background using Matte Medium.
3. Using a paintbrush, add Dylusions Ink Sprays to text paper.
4. Spray water from mister into hand and flick it over inked tag. Let sit for approximately 10 seconds. Blot water with paper towel to lighten/remove ink to create color-lifted effect.
5. Apply Dylusions Ink Sprays to Paperie Tissue Tape using a paint brush. Let dry.
6. Rip tissue in halves and place near bottom of the tag.
7. Stamp butterfly images onto specialty stamping paper using Jet Black Archival Ink.
8. Color in butterflies and moths using a paintbrush and Dylusions Ink Sprays.
9. Cut out butterflies and moths.
10. Using a paintbrush, curl wings around the barrel to give it dimension.
11. Adhere large moth to memo pin using Glossy Accents.
12. Add large moth to lower left corner and smaller butterflies to upper right corner.
13. Stamp quote onto Paperie Paper using Jet Black Archival Ink.
14. Blend Distress Ink around the edge. Here I used Tattered Rose and Walnut Stain.
15. Add stamped quote to memo pen and tag and glue down.
16. Mix crinkle ribbon with Dylusions Ink Spray (Vibrant Turquoise) on Craft Sheet, using tweezers to push ribbon into spray.
17. Let ribbon dry and then add to the top of the tag.
18. Embellish other butterflies Idea-ology pieces.