Use Distress products to make this collaged box for Dad to hold remotes, keys or other essentials!
By Bonnie Egenton, Patti Behan and Debbie Tlach
(1) On Non-Stick Craft Sheet, use a Studio wide, flat brush to apply Studio Gesso to the box and lid. Cover both pieces entirely. Let dry or speed drying with Heat It Craft Tool.
(2) Pick out about 6 sheets of Lost and Found Papers for collage. Rip up pieces of papers into a variety of shapes and sizes. Make sure to rip so that white edges are all around each piece.
(3) Using Distress Inks and an Ink Blending Tool with Foam, color the edges of the ripped papers. Edge some in Frayed Burlap, some in Shabby Shutters and some in Fired Brick for variety. Roll some edges of paper so that the solid distressed look on the reverse shows too.
(4) Paint inside and top edge of box with Studio Acrylic Paint in Landscape Green. Paint inside lid and edge too. Let dry or speed drying with Heat It Craft Tool.
(5) Using Multi-Medium as a glue, brush onto backs of torn papers and apply randomly to box and box lid, layering a bit over each piece so no white Gesso shows through. Let dry.
(6) On two Ruler Ribbons, color with Distress Stain in Wild Honey. Then dot additional highlights of color with Vintage Photo . Using Ink Blending Tool and Foam, apply Distress Stain to Ruler Ribbon in Scattered Straw, then Tea Dye for an antiqued look. Set aside to dry.
(7) Sand clear knob top, rectangle facet and metal corners with Sanding Grip to provide tooth for paint to adhere to. Apply Snow Cap Dabber Paint to metal corners. Let dry.
(8) Apply Peeled Paint Distress Crackle to top of clear knob, facet and metal corners. Let dry.
(9) Paint the collaged box lid with Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint. Let dry.
(10) Seal the collaged box base with Studio Multi-Medium. Let dry.
(11) With Tea Dye Distress Ink and a piece of foam, dab ink on inside and top edge of box base to make the Landscape Green paint antiqued. Dry with Heat It Tool.
(12) Glue Ruler Ribbon to top and bottom of box base as shown using Multi-Medium and brush. Glue a section at a time and press with fingers to set. Let dry.
(13) Apply Distress Ink in Tea Dye and Vintage Photo to dried, crackled knob, facet and corners to add depth to crackle.
(14) Glue knob to facet with Multi Medium. Let dry. Glue corners and knob/facet to box. Let dry.
(15) Add Foundations Box Feet to bottom of box with Multi-Medium. Let dry.