Make a distressed tag for your Valentine!
By Tim Holtz
(1) Apply Spun Sugar Distress Ink to Non-Stick Craft Sheet.
(2) Mist with water from Mini Mister.
(3) Dab tag through ink several times until covered. Dry inks with Heat it™ Craft Tool.
(4) Stamp hearts with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink over background of tag.
(5) Stamp Cupid with Jet Black Archival Ink.
(6) Ink smaller tag with Bundled Sage Distress Ink direct to tag.
(7) Stamp love ticket with Jet Black Archival and cut out.
(8) Apply Rock Candy Distress Stickles over entire tag and ticket and spread with finger to create a thin layer. Dry with Heat it™ Craft Tool.
(9) Remove flourishes from Grungeboard and ink with Crushed Olive Distress Ink direct to Grunge.
(10) Cut 5 circles from Sticky-Back Canvas using template as guide.
(11) Cut each circle into a spiral leaving a tail, again using template as a guide (this does not have to be exact).
(12) Ink each canvas circle with Distress Ink direct to canvas (2 Barn Door, 1 Wild Honey, 1 Victorian Velvet, 1 Tumbled Glass & Stormy Sky).
(13) Mist canvas with water to allow inks to wick. Dry with Heat it™ Craft Tool.
(14) Remove backing from tail of canvas and begin rolling canvas up, curling color side into itself, like a reverse cinnamon roll.
(15) Continue rolling the canvas loosely until you reach the end of the canvas.
(16) With your thumbs, fold out the inside layers to create the rose.
(17) Pinch the base of the canvas rose and apply a dab of Glossy Accents to the bottom and secure to tag.
(18) Repeat for other roses.
(19) Highlight tops of roses with Distress Ink using an Ink Blending Tool (2 Barn Door, 1 Rusty Hinge, 1 Pumice Stone, 1 Chipped Sapphire).
(20) Adhere Grungeboard under roses with Glossy Accents.
(21) Insert stamped ticket into Memo Pin and insert into rose.
(22) Attach Word Stick and ribbon to top of tag.