Use multiple techniques with embossing powders to add texture and dimension to this scrapbook page!
By Lisa Dixon
Creating the Background:
(1) Trim 12” x 12” Pink Floral patterned paper to an 8”x 8” square. Ink the edges of the paper with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and set aside.
(2) Cut a 7¼” square of white vellum.
(3) Stamp swirls and flourishes randomly on the vellum with Snow White Ink to create a patterned background.
(4) Sprinkle with Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. Be sure to pour over an embossing tray or clean sheet of paper so the excess powder can be returned to the container. Tap off excess powder. Set on Non-Stick Craft Sheet and emboss with craft tool.
(5) Swipe the edges of the vellum with Big & Bossy 2-tone Embossing Ink Pad. Use the clear side of the pad. Sprinkle with Gold Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder. Tap off excess powder and emboss with Craft Tool.
(6) Adhere the vellum to a 7¼” square of brown polka dot patterned paper.
(7) Attach a gold metal clip to each corner.
(8) Adhere the layered vellum with foam tape to the 8” square of pink floral patterned paper.
(9) Ink the edges of a 4” x 6” photograph with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and adhere to the left side of the layout.
Embellishments and Layout:
(10) Stamp a white silk flower with text stamp inked with the clear embossing ink in the Big & Bossy 2-tone Embossing Ink Pad. Sprinkle with Cranberry Embossing Powder and emboss with Craft Tool. Cover the flower with a coat of Glossy Accents and set aside to dry.
(11) Rub a square of Cut & Dry Foam into Clear Embossing Ink rub across the high areas of a small cream paper flower. Sprinkle on Gold Super Fine Embossing Powder; tap off excess and emboss with Craft Tool.
(12) Layer the paper flower on top of dry silk flower and sew a tiny button to the center with peach embroidery floss.
(13) Press the top of aqua concho into the clear embossing ink side of the Big n’ Bossy Two Tone Embossing Ink Pad. Sprinkle with Gold Super Fine Embossing Powder; tap off excess and heat with Craft Tool.
(14) Repeat step 13 with “Love” and heart charms.
(15) Apply Espresso Alcohol Ink and Gold Metallic Mixatives with Alcohol Ink Applicator and Felt to metal bookplate and brads. Let dry. Place a 1” square of pink floral patterned paper behind the bookplate, add brads and adhere gold-embossed heart charm to the center with double-stick tape.
(16) Ink the edges of the die-cut tag with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Set gold eyelets at each end and add epoxy alphabet stickers to spell out name.
(17) Ink the edges of additional square and quotation die-cuts with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
(18) Attach all embossed embellishments and die-cuts along the right side of the photograph to complete the layout.