Welcome Spring with this tranquil pendant using Vintaj Patinas and Glaze.
By Jeanne Holland
(1) Apply a base of Jade Patina to the embossed blank with a paint brush.
(2) Use a paint brush to dab Opalite Patina to sections of the blank.
(3) Dab the Patina with a paper towel to achieve a mottled finish.
(4) While the Patina is still slightly wet, use the dark gray side of a Reliefing Block to highlight the raised areas of the blank.
(5) Completely dry the Patina with a Heat It Craft Tool.
(6) Mix 2 parts Glaze to 1 part Cobalt Patina. Apply mixture over blank to create a color wash.
(7) While the Patina is still slightly wet, use the dark gray side of a Reliefing Block to highlight the raised areas of the blank. Continue with the light gray side for a polished look.
(8) Center the blank over filigree. Use Chain Nose Pliers to bend over the filigree petals to the front of the filigree. Crimp down to secure.
(9) Use Chain Nose Pliers to attach a 7.25mm Jump Ring through the hole at the top of the blank.
(10) Create a variety of bead links using 1 inch Eye Pins and Round Nose Pliers. Attach bead links and Cherry Leaf together alternating jump ring sizes. Finish necklace strands with chain and hook clasp.
(11) Attach necklace strands to a 15mm Jump Ring and attach it to the pendant to complete your necklace.
For more jewelry techniques visit vintaj.com