As you prepare for your Labor Day gatherings this extended weekend, you may be looking for a way to add a custom crafty touch to your BBQ. Richele Christensen made these amazing projects that feature the new Tim Holtz Distress Glitter. First up, we have this fun “Celebrate Banner.” For this project, you will need:
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet™
- Ranger Surfaces Manila Craft Tags
- Ranger Ink Refresher™
- Ranger Glossy Accents™
- Ranger Glue N’ Seal
- Ranger Mister
- Tim Holtz® Distress Paint: Broken China, Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed, Picket Fence
- Tim Holtz® Distress Glitter: Broken China, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot
- Popit Shapes™
- Heat it™ Craft Tool
- Core’dinations Distress Collection Cardstock: Black Soot, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed
- Tim Holtz idea-ology: Sanding Grip, Paper String Stripes
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix: Decorative Strip Paper Rosette, Bigz Die Vintage Market Letters, Bigz Die Baroque, Movers & Shapers Baroque Mini, Movers & Shapers Mini Butterflies, On the Edge Die Pennants
- Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements Fabric
- Optional: Sewing machine and thread
1. Spray both sides of the nine #10 Manilla tags with Ink refresher. Crinkle the tag, dry with a HeatIt Tool and then flatten out.
2. Color the nine #10 Manilla Craft Tags with Distress Paint. Apply Distress Paint (Broken China, Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed, Picket Fence) directly onto your Non- Stick Craft Sheet, spritz with water. Drag tags through the paint to color. The paint should be very fluid on the tag. You can spritz the tag with water if desired. Dry with a HeatIt Tool. Repeat if desired.
3. Die cut nine Baroque and nine Mini Baroque from Core’dinations cardstock. I alternated colors between Mustard Seed and Broken China.
4. Sand all edges with a sanding grip.
5. Die cut Rosettes from newsprint cardstock. Assemble Rosettes using Glossy Accents. Let dry.
6. Paint the edge of the Rosettes with Glue N’ Seal. Pour Distress Glitter on the edges and shake off excess. Alternate the glitter between Broken China and Mustard Seed on each of the rosettes.
7. Die cut “celebrate” using the Vintage Market Letters Bigz die from Black cardstock. Paint the letters with Glue N’ Seal. Pour Black Soot Distress Glitter onto the letters, shake off excess and let dry.
8. Die cut several Mini Butterflies from Broken China, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed Core’dinations cardstock. Paint with Glue N’ Seal. Pour Distress Glitter in the matching color over the butterflies and shake off the excess glitter. Let dry.
9. Die cut the Pendants from the On the Edge die in alternating colors (Broken China and Mustard Seed). Sand the edges.
10.If desired, stitch around the tags.
11.Use PopIt Shapes to adhere all the layers to the banner.
12.Punch a small hole in each top corner. Run the striped paper twine through the holes to create your banner.
13.Tear strips of fabric about 1/2” wide and add to the bottom of the tags and between the tags.
Want to learn how to make the rest of the pieces featured in this place setting? Head over to Richele’s blog where later today she’ll be sharing more how-to’s on how to make this glittery Labor Day set!