Looking for a fun St. Patrick’s Day project? Well, you’re in luck! Today we have this quick and easy Distress St. Patrick’s Day Card by Mou Saha. So break out the Distress Paints and Inks and get crafting! For this project you will need:
Whether it’s a special day or just because, now is always the perfect time to tell the important people in your life how much they mean to you. This Stickles Be Still My Heart Card by Linda Ledbetter is the perfect way to do just that.
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sanding Grip, Tissue Tape, Plaquettes
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Artful Artifacts stamp set
Small piece of Red Ribbon
1. Cut a piece of Ranger Specialty Stamping paper 5” by 4.5” and stamp “David” from the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Artful Artifacts set using Jet Black Archival Ink. Allow the ink to dry or speed up the process with your heat tool.
2. Scribble Tattered Rose and Antique Linen Distress Markers onto your Nonstick Craft Sheet.
3. Using the Detailer Waterbrush, blend the two colors together to create a natural skin tone to color David’s face.
4. Use a baby wipe to gently blot and further blend the color.
5. Use the same “scribble and waterbrush” technique to apply a mixture of Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries Distress Marker ink to the background of the image, using the Wide Flat Waterbrush.
6. Color David’s hair with Distress Makers in Tea Dye and Gathered Twigs, and his iris with Bundled Sage.
7. Use Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink in Red Geranium to stamp the “Be Still My Heart…” text from Wendy’s “Lovely Art” set.
8. Rough up the edges of the card with an Idea-ology Sanding Grip (never sand directly on a Non-Stick Craft Sheet!).
9. Swipe the edges with Black Soot Distress Paint. Allow to dry.
10. Dab Stickles in Tropical Tangerine and Thistle onto the pink background of the card. Give David’s eye a sparkle with Peacock Stickles. Set aside the card to dry.
11. Meanwhile, cut a piece of scrap card stock the same size as your card. Take a roll of Idea-ology Tissue Tape and make a pleated edge all the way around the card by folding the tape over onto itself. See Tim’s blog post here for detailed instructions: http://timholtz.com/tissue-tape-ideas-giveaway/
12. Apply Tropical Tangerine Stickles to the outside edge of the Tissue Tape.
13. Use Ranger Pop-Its to attach David to the Tissue-Taped background.
14. Cut a small piece of red ribbon and thread it through the #14 Idea-ology Plaquette.
15. Attach the Plaquette to the card with a Pop-it.
Based on the response from our last blog post, it seems that many of you are super excited about the New Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer! For 3 of you, you have something to be even more excited about… you are getting one for free! The lucky winners are:
heran jang – I think the spritzer is AMAZING! I love the idea that I can get an airbrushed effect with any of my markers. I also like the fact that you have control as to where and how much you spray. Love it!
A Kastan – This tool is going to create new excitement using markers. The airbrushed look adds a unique element to any craft project. The great thing about the Distress Marker Spritzer is that it accommodates all types and sizes of markers while providing a new use.
Sarah – My heart squealed with joy the first time I saw the video about this new product at its debut at CHA. I have so many markers lying around waiting to be resurrected by this fabulous new product. I cannot wait to have one of my very own!
Congratulations to our winners and big THANK YOU to everyone else for participating… we can’t wait to see what you create with the new Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer!
It’s been about a month since we debuted the Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer at CHA 2014 and we are super excited to announce that it is shipping now!!!
Winner of a CHA Hot 20 Award, the Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer is a hand-operated, lightweight and easy to use tool that can be used with all of your existing markers, not just Distress Markers, to create an airbrushed effect… take a look at this great video filmed by Scrapbook.com of Tim demoing at CHA 2014!
Can’t wait for the shipment of this awesome new product to arrive at your local craft store?!? You’re in luck… we are giving away 3 brand new Spritzers to our loyal online community! Simply watch the video above then tell us in the comments below why you’re excited to own a Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer. We’ll select 3 lucky winners on Monday, February 17th!
1. Cut 8½ x 11″ Manila Cardstock in half. Use Paper Creaser to fold one half to make a 5.5″ x 4.25″ card. Cut the other half into a 5.25″ x 4″ piece.
2. On Non-Stick Craft Sheet, dab some Barn Door, Broken China, Mustard Seed and Worn Lipstick Distress Paints.
3. Spritz water over the paints using Ranger Mister.
4. Swipe the cardstock pieces from step 1 and the lace trim over the diluted Distress Paints on the Craft Sheet. Repeat till the surfaces are fully colored. Spray a bit of water with the Mister to help spread the colors on the lace trim.
5. Leaving the Papillon stamps on their backing sheet, generously ink the background stamp with Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink Pad. Press the 5.25″ x 4″ piece of cardstock colored face down on the stamp carefully. Lift off and set aside. Spritz a little water with Mister on the inked stamp. Press the card face down to get a faded second impression of the background stamp.
6. Ink the edges of the 5.25″ x 4″ piece using Barn Door Distress Ink Pad and Ink Blending Tool.
7. Attach the colored lace trim along the left edge of the 5.25″ x 4″ piece using Collage Glue Stick. Be sure to use very little glue to avoid your sewing machine needle gunking up. Trim off any excess lace with Kushgrip Snips scissors.
8. Attach the piece at about the center of the card. Machine stitch in place.
9. Put the remaining cardstock from Step 1 inside the Dot Matrix embossing folder and following your machine instructions, run it through.
10. Free hand cut a heart out of the embossed piece using Kushgrip Snips scissors.
11. Brush on some Barn Door Distress ink with an Ink Blending Tool on the heart. Also brush on some Distress paints for more color.
12. Attach the heart to the card as shown using Popit Shapes.
13. Using Jet Black Archival Ink™ Pad, stamp a butterfly from the Papillon set and #iloveyou from the Hashtag set on cardstock. Draw borders with pencil around the sentiment. Cut out the stamped images with Kushgrip Snips scissors and attach to the card with Popit Shapes.
Wow! It looks like there are a lot of aspiring product designers out there! We loved the fun ideas you all shared with us… and who knows, maybe some of them will come to life one day.
It was a hard decision, but as promised, we selected 3 of you to win a set of the new, hot off the manufacturing line, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Minis! And the winners are…
Maria Soto – let me see, what would I design, I would say an ink that is permanent and can be used also on glass without the need to bake or heat set, and of course be able to use on papers, fabrics and metals.
Michelle Reaves – If I were a guest Ranger product developer I would like to release a range of Metallic Distress Inkpads to match the Metallic Distress Stains and Paints. Those mini distress inkpads look fabulous!!! Thank you for the chance to win!
Cim Allen – Wow, that’s a dream job I am so addicted to stencils and spray .. I would have to develop more sprays and stencils .. which you already have loads of cool ones, but i’d have to make more because you can never have enough of either
Congratulations to the winners! You’ll be receiving an email from us shortly with instructions on how to claim your prize. A big THANK YOU to everyone else for participating. We hope you had fun and enjoyed all the photos from CHA!
Now that we’re back from the CHA Show, we have a chance to flip through our camera’s memory card to take a look at all the amazing samples that were on display. We’ve gathered a bunch of great photo from the Ranger, Sizzix, Tim Holtz Idea-ology, and Stampers Anonymous booths to help inspire your next creation!
Now that we’ve given you some ideas… we want to give you some PRODUCTS! How does a set of the new Tim Holtz Distress Ink Minis sound? That’s right, 3 lucky winners will be chosen to win a set of the 1st 12 colors released – Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Black Soot, Fired Brick, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, and Spiced Marmalade!
To be entered to win simply leave a comment on our blog below telling us… If you could be a guest Ranger product developer, what would you release at next year’s CHA? Swing by early next week when we’ll announce 3 winners!
Ranger Industries, Inc.
15 Park Road
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
TEL (732) 389-3535
FAX (732) 389-1102