We have a great Halloween project for you today. Take a look at this Distress Halloween Box by Carolyn Ross! Wow! After reading all about how to make this amazing project, head over to Carolyn’s post over at the The Crafty Scrapper to enter their contest!
Ok, let’s get started! For this project you will need:
Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix dies-Plaque Edge, Graveyard Edge, Moon, Crow, Branch Tree and “31″
Dreamweaver Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Translucent Embossing Paste
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection- Halloween Cutouts Stamp Set (CMS139); Star Stencil (THS008)
Tim Holtz idea-ology-Tissue Tape
Halloween Scrapbook Paper
1. Using Tim Holtz Alteration dies from Sizzix, cut out two plaque edges, crow, moon, graveyard edge, branch tree, 31 and cut two ¾ x 4 ¼ strips from grunge board.
2. Glue plaque edges and strips to the edge of a small configuration box. Paint with Black Gesso. When dry, coat with Rock Candy Crackle Paint (do not use heat gun to dry crackle paint).
3. Dab Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint on frame.
4. Mist with water allowing the paint to go into the crackles. Dab excess off with paper towel. Brush paint around the edges.
5. Using Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Forest Moss And Mustard Seed Distress Paint, paint the moon, branch tree and “31” grunge board pieces. Paint crow with Black Gesso.
6. Apply the metallic brushed pewter and tarnished brass distress stain to the graveyard edge piece.
7. Sand grunge board pieces and ink with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink using a Blending Tool with Foam. Ink edges of graveyard piece with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.
8. Cover crow with Glossy Accents. It will look milky but will dry clear, do not use heat gun to dry.
9. Apply Mustard Seed Distress Stickles to the moon, spread with your finger.
10. Cut one 5 x 5, one 1 ½ x 7 and four 1 ½ x 5 stripes of pattern paper. Stamp (CMS139) “trick or treat” on 7 inch strip of paper.
11. Using stencil stars (THS008), tape with tissue tape to 5 x 5 papers to secure. Using tissue tape, tape over stars that you do not want to show. Using Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste and Ranger Craft Scraper apply embossing paste to stencil.
12. Apply Seedless Preserves Distress Glitter to paste, shake excess onto a scratch piece of paper and pour back into glitter jar.
13. Glue strips of paper in the insides of the box and the 5 x 5 piece in the bottom of the box. Using Ranger Pop-It Shapes, glue moon to upper right hand corner. Glue crow in the branch tree, glue graveyard edge and branch tree in the box creating a 3-D effect.
14. Put cover on and glue “31” to the center top of the frame. Banner fold the stamped paper, snip ends and glue to the bottom of the frame.
My local craft store is full of leaves, flowers, and home décor items that could really use some better coloring. My solution? Get out my Ranger color mediums and customize! This project is quick, easy, and requires no adhesive. Thanks to my paints, stains, and mists I have a unique home décor piece that will grace my mantle this fall – and for many years to come. -May Flaum
The Tim Holtz Layering Stencils by Stampers Anonymous have been a big hit since their release at the Summer CHA show. We’ve seen them used in so many amazing projects thus far. They have been so popular, Stampers Anonymous and Tim Holtz are releasing a new design – Shatter.
The Shatter design features amazing detail that is the perfect compliment for Halloween projects and more! This stencil is shipping from Stampers Anonymous today, so check with your local craft store to complete your collection!
Check out some projects that feature this new stencil at the following blogs:
We are so happy to see such a positive response to the new Distress Paint colors. We’re glad you are as excited as we are. These additions are sure to be a part of some amazing holiday projects this year. As promised we are giving away a few sets, but first we want to share this very cool project by Marjie Kemper.
You’ve been asking for it (several times a day) and it is coming! The 2013 Ranger Warehouse Sale will be a one day only event held on Saturday, October 26th from 9AM to 2PM.
You’ll find discontinued and slightly imperfect Arts & Crafts/Scrapbooking Supplies such as Stamp-Pads, Glitter-Glue, Embossing Powders, Embellishments, and much more. Many of these items will be priced 50% to 75% off wholesale!
We are located at 15 Park Rd, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 (Across from the Applebee’s.) Be sure to bring cash or checks as credit cards are not accepted. See you there!
In celebration of World Card Making Day, Ranger’s own Patti Behan created this amazing Distress With Gratitude Card for Operation Write Home!
Operation Write Home supports our nation’s armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as “AnyHero” cards of gratitude to encourage them. Operation Write Home has over 150 sketches available on their website to spur your creativity and that is exactly what Ranger’s Patti Behan used to come up with this great card!
Patti was inspired by this sketch to make this card! Wow!
To make this card, you will need:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint-Aged Mahogany and Chipped Sapphire
Tim Holtz Distress Pads-Frayed Burlap
Ranger Ink Blending Tool with Foam
Ranger Non-Stick Cardstock
Ranger Heat it Craft Tool
Ranger Wonder Tape
Ranger Surfaces Kraft Cardstock
Ranger Craft Scraper
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Craft Sticks
Core’dinations Kraft Core Cardstock –Black and Red
Tim Holtz idea-ology- Ring Fasteners, Jump Rings, Tag Labels, Signmaker Alpha Parts, Border Industrious Stickers, Locket Keys Keyhole, label letters
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Stencils-Stars and Stripes
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Stamp Set-Psychedelic Grunge
Dreamweaver Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Embossing Paste
Cut red cardstock to 8.5” x 5.5” and fold in half to make a 4.25”x 5.5” card. Cut Black cardstock to 4”x 5.25” and cut Kraft cardstock to 3.75” x 5”.
Center stencil over Kraft cardstock and tape down with masking tape. Shake Aged Mahogany Distress Paint and pour a drop onto the Non-Stick Craft Sheet. Apply paint to foam on Ink Blending Tool and dab paint through the stencil. Remove the stencil and let dry or speed dry with Heat it Craft Tool. Wash stencil immediately after use.
Randomly stamp circles all over Kraft background with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
Place star stencil diagonally on Kraft background and secure with masking tape. Scoop out some embossing paste with a craft stick and place it on the craft scraper. Apply paste through the stencil.
Remove the stencil and let dry.
Shake Chipped Sapphire paint well and apply paint to stars. Lightly dry brush the Chipped Sapphire paint randomly on the front and edges of the Kraft background. Let dry.
Add embellishments to Kraft background as shown. Apply Black cardstock to card front with Wonder Tape.
Attach Kraft cardstock to card front with Wonder Tape and add the rest of the embellishments.
P.S. We know a lot of you have been asking us about our famous Warehouse sale. We have a special announcement tomorrow on our blog at 8am eastern. See you then!
We have some exciting news to share today! Ranger and Tim Holtz® are excited to announce 6 new shades of Distress Paint!
Perfect to add a festive feel to your holiday projects, but diverse enough to use all year round, Distress Paints are now available in Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany, Pine Needles, Stormy Sky, Iced Spruce, and Evergreen Bough!
To celebrate this launch, we will be giving some of these awesome new colors away. To be entered, leave a comment below telling us which one of these new colors is a “must have” for you. We’ll pick a few winners on Monday, so be sure to check back.
We hope everyone had a great weekend. If you are in the NJ area, you may have gotten a chance to check out the Scrapbook EXPO at the Garden State Exhibition Center this weekend. We swung by on Friday to see what was going on and saw a few really cool projects.
We saw quite a few make-it-take-its featuring Ranger products like this one that showcased Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads.
They had a few amazing samples hanging in their booth as well. This board was hanging up pretty high, but we still managed to snap a pic. What’s really cool are the 2 sand dollars that are stamped with Dylusions Rubber Stamps!
We spotted this sample that used the Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix Bigz Caged Bird Die…
Then saw these that repurposed the same die to create baskets! So creative!
Happy Friday! Everyone know the old saying, “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” As you probably know the same can be said for art! Today, Wendy Vecchi is the Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember® Special Guest… in her post, she shows how she made an amazing tag from this piece of manila cardstock that was used to wipe up some excess distress stain a few weeks early that was almost *GASP* thrown away.