Have you been taking a bunch of photos this summer, and don’t know what to do with them? Tara Nixon Cox has a great solution. This super cute, quick and easy tag book is the perfect place to save those precious memories.
- Ranger Black Archival Ink
- Ranger Surfaces: Kraft Tag #8
- Ranger Surfaces: Manila Tag #8
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Ranger Multi-Medium: Matte
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool and Foam
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Mini: Walnut Stain
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Salty Ocean
- Dylusions Stencil: Staggered Brickwork, small
- Dylusions Ink Sprays: London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise, White Linen & Melted Chocolate
- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Cling Stamps: Camera from Travel Blueprint Set
- Tim Holtz idea-ology: Elements Tissue Tape, Tiny Attacher with staples, Crinkle Ribbon, Filmstrip Ribbon, Seasonal Chitchat Stickers
- Other: Adhesive Foam Square, Paint palette
Here’s how it’s done:
Stamp camera blueprint twice on a manila tag in Black Archival Ink. Use Dylusions Ink Sprays to paint the images. If you have water brushes filled with ink, use those. (*budget tip* If you don’t, simply pour a small amount of your desired colors into a paint palette and paint with a brush.) Add multiple layers of color to darken and White Dylusions to add highlights. Don’t waste the extra ink. Pour it on your Craft Sheet and ink up some Crinkle Ribbon with it! Crumple up and set aside the ribbon to dry. It will be used to tie up your booklet later.
Place a Dylusions stencil over a tag and apply Distress Paint over it onto the tag. Lift the stencil and flip over onto another tag and ‘stamp’ off the excess paint. Allow both tags to dry and select your favorite to be the front of your tag booklet. I used the ‘stamped’ kraft tag.
Cut out the colored cameras, layering the lens portion of the image with adhesive foam squares. Ink the edges of the camera image and the tag with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Spritz Dylusions Ink Spray in London Blue in the center of the blank space on your tag and allow to dry. If you’d like some extra thickness, brush Matte Medium to a second tag and adhere to the back of this tag to stabilize it. Once dry, adhere the camera image over the ink spot in the center of your tag.
Before you clean up, use the sprays, inks and stencils to add simple decorations on additional manila and kraft tags. These will be the pages of your tag booklet. Fill them with photos, memories & ephemera from your summer holiday! Tie it all together with the Crinkle Ribbon you inked up earlier.