We have a great Halloween project for you today. Take a look at this Distress Halloween Box by Carolyn Ross! Wow! After reading all about how to make this amazing project, head over to Carolyn’s post over at the The Crafty Scrapper to enter their contest!
Ok, let’s get started! For this project you will need:
- Tim Holtz® Distress Paint: Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain and Forest Moss
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Black Gesso
- Tim Holtz® Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy 4oz. jar
- Ranger Mister
- Archival Ink™ #0 Pads: Jet Black
- Tim Holtz® Distress Stickles™ Glitter Glue: Mustard Seed
- Tim Holtz® Distress Glitter: Seedless Preserves
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink Pads: Gathered Twigs and Peacock Feathers
- Tim Holtz® Distress Stains™: Brushed Pewter and Tarnished Brass
- Ranger Glossy Accents™
- Popit Shapes™
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet™
- Ranger Craft Scraper
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool & Foam
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix dies-Plaque Edge, Graveyard Edge, Moon, Crow, Branch Tree and “31″
- Dreamweaver Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Translucent Embossing Paste
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection- Halloween Cutouts Stamp Set (CMS139); Star Stencil (THS008)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology-Tissue Tape
- Halloween Scrapbook Paper
1. Using Tim Holtz Alteration dies from Sizzix, cut out two plaque edges, crow, moon, graveyard edge, branch tree, 31 and cut two ¾ x 4 ¼ strips from grunge board.
2. Glue plaque edges and strips to the edge of a small configuration box. Paint with Black Gesso. When dry, coat with Rock Candy Crackle Paint (do not use heat gun to dry crackle paint).
3. Dab Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint on frame.
4. Mist with water allowing the paint to go into the crackles. Dab excess off with paper towel. Brush paint around the edges.
5. Using Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Forest Moss And Mustard Seed Distress Paint, paint the moon, branch tree and “31” grunge board pieces. Paint crow with Black Gesso.
6. Apply the metallic brushed pewter and tarnished brass distress stain to the graveyard edge piece.
7. Sand grunge board pieces and ink with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink using a Blending Tool with Foam. Ink edges of graveyard piece with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.
8. Cover crow with Glossy Accents. It will look milky but will dry clear, do not use heat gun to dry.
9. Apply Mustard Seed Distress Stickles to the moon, spread with your finger.
10. Cut one 5 x 5, one 1 ½ x 7 and four 1 ½ x 5 stripes of pattern paper. Stamp (CMS139) “trick or treat” on 7 inch strip of paper.
11. Using stencil stars (THS008), tape with tissue tape to 5 x 5 papers to secure. Using tissue tape, tape over stars that you do not want to show. Using Wendy Vecchi translucent embossing paste and Ranger Craft Scraper apply embossing paste to stencil.
12. Apply Seedless Preserves Distress Glitter to paste, shake excess onto a scratch piece of paper and pour back into glitter jar.
13. Glue strips of paper in the insides of the box and the 5 x 5 piece in the bottom of the box. Using Ranger Pop-It Shapes, glue moon to upper right hand corner. Glue crow in the branch tree, glue graveyard edge and branch tree in the box creating a 3-D effect.
14. Put cover on and glue “31” to the center top of the frame. Banner fold the stamped paper, snip ends and glue to the bottom of the frame.