Each month members of our team at Ranger HQ sneak in a bit of creative time to create projects inspired by Tim Holtz’s monthly tag. This month members of the team created festive Halloween projects with a common party theme inspired by his October tag.
Halloween Banner by Patti Behan
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink Pads: Tea Dye, Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Spiced Marmalade, Muster Seed, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Dried Marigold, Pumice Stone, Bundled Sage, Old Paper, Ripe Persimmon, Ground Espresso, Black Soot, Scattered Straw, Festive Berries
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool with Foam
- Ranger Surfaces: Black Cardstock, Manila Cardstock
- Liquid Pearls: Brass
- Ranger Mister
- Tim Holtz® Alcohol Ink: Poppyfield, Terra Cotta, Sunset Orange
- Tim Holtz® Alcohol Ink Blending Tool with Foam
- Perfect Pearls Mist: Heirloom Gold
- Tim Holtz® Distress Glitter: Mowed Lawn
- Ranger Cut N’ Dry Nibs
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix: Decorative Strip: Cobwebs;Thinlits: Vampire, Zombie, Monster; Bigz: Hocus Pocus; Movers & Shapers: Mini Spiders, Arch Frame, Mini Arch Frame
- Tim Holtz idea-ology: Paper Stash: Regions Beyond; Deco Sheets; Tiny Vials, Tinsel Twine
- Tim Holtz by Tonic Studios – Paper Distresser
A few close ups…
Haunted Halloween House Centerpiece by Kathy Paglia
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Ranger Multi Medium: Matte
- Ranger Adhesive Foam Tape: Black
- Ranger Surfaces: Manilla Cardstock, Mixed Media Cardstock
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool and Foams
- Ranger Mister
- Ranger Wonder Tape: ¼”
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Ranger Archival Ink™: Jet Black
- Tim Holtz® Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator Tool and Felts
- Perfect Pearl Mists: Grape Fizz, Sunflower Sparkle
- Tim Holtz® Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Sunshine Yellow & Butterscotch
- Tim Holtz® Distress Paints: Black Soot, Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron, Barn Door, Brushed Pewter, Squeezed Lemonade
- Tim Holtz® Distress Spray Stains: Barn Door, Vintage Photo, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Weathered Wood, Black Soot
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink Pads: Walnut Stain
- Tim Holtz® Distress Glitter: Black Soot, Pumice Stone, Clear Rock Candy
- Tim Holtz® by Tonic Studios: Cush Grip Snips
- Tim Holtz® Alterations by Sizzix: Bigz Die: Vintage Village, Village Winter, Ghosts;
Movers & Shapers: Mini Spider, Tiny Bat, Bird Branch; Decorative Strip Die: Brick Wall, Halloween Shadows; Embossing Folder: Checkerboard
- Tim Holtz® idea-ology – Flip Frame; Findings, Boneyard and Paper Stash Seasonal
Halloween Party Invitation by Taylor Huizenga
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink: Spiced Marmalade, Pumice Stone, Tattered Rose, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot, Carved Pumpkin, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Antique Linen
- Tim Holtz® Distress Sprayer
- Tim Holtz® Distress Black Soot Marker
- Ice Stickles: Orange Peel
- Liquid Pearls: Brass
- Ranger Surfaces: #10 Manila Tag, #10 Black Tag
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Tim Holtz® idea-ology: Regions Beyond Paper Stash
Halloween Goodie Bag by Brianna Marosy
The blood drip technique that I used was taken from one of our talented guest designers Zoe Hillman. Here is the link to her tutorial: igirlzoe
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink: Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Black Soot, Ground Espresso, Carved Pumpkin, Rusty Hinge
- Tim Holtz® Distress Stain: Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, Spun Sugar, Scattered Straw, Fired Brick, Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Picket Fence
- Tim Holtz® Distress Paint: Black Soot
- Tim Holtz® Distress Spray Stain: Brushed Pewter
- Tim Holtz® Alcohol Ink: Poppyfield
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Stickles Glitter Glue: Gold
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix: Thinlits – Zombie, Halloween Words: Block; Texture Fades Embossing Folder – Dripping
- Tim Holtz idea-ology: Tinsel Twine
Check out this mixed-media burlap panel from our Guest Designer: Zoe Hillman.
Find Zoe’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Jack-O-Lantern Burlap Panel by Zoe Hillman
Check out this spooky and frightful Faux Wood Coffin Curiosities project from our Guest Designer: Nicole Wright.
Find Nicole’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Faux Wood Coffin Curiosities by Nicole Wright
Check out this Enjoy Fall Card from our Signature Designer: Wendy Vecchi.
Find Wendy’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Enjoy Fall Card by Wendy Vecchi
Ranger Paint is a multi surface acrylic paint with a convenient dabber top for mess free application. The dabber top can also be removed and paint can be applied with a brush. Available in 13 colors plus 4 metallic shades, this all-purpose paint is great for craft projects large and small.
Today, we have Kelly, a member of our creative team running our first Product Test Drive! She’ll be putting Ranger Paint Dabbers to the ultimate test and see how well this product stands up to its product claims. To do that she’s taken numerous surfaces including paper, fabric, glass, and canvas to see how well Ranger Paint performs on each surface. Here are her results:
Ranger Paint Dabbers on Glass: Using store bought glass votive candleholders I painted the outside using two colors of paint. I found that taking the dabber top off and applying paint with a brush was a better choice for more opaque coverage. It took 2 coats of paint to achieve a smooth, solid color. Overall, Ranger Paint Dabbers performed great on decorative glassware.
Ranger Paint Dabbers on Canvas: Next I tested the Paint Dabbers on canvas. Using Java Bean I applied a quick base coat using the dabber top. Since the color was not as dark as I wanted I poured some onto my craft sheet and mixed in a little Black Tie. I found having the option of pouring out paint & mixing my own colors and shades helpful. Applying with a brush gave me smooth, all over coverage. I was really happy with how smooth and easy this paint went on and since it’s acrylic paint the dry time was also quick.
Ranger Paint Dabbers on Wood: Using the same colors I painted on the glass votives, I also applied the paint to some wooden rings. Because of the fine detail, I decided to apply to paint with a fine tip brush instead of the dabber top. I was also able to mix a custom color using Copper Metallic, Classic Cherry, Wild Orchid & Java Bean. The Ranger Paint dried smoothly and evenly on the wood rings.
Ranger Paint Dabbers on Paper: Using a large piece of kraft wrapping paper I doodled my name in black permanent marker. I decided to add some stenciled designs around my name. I selected a few coordinating colors and using the dabber top directly applied the paint through the stencil. The dabber top was a quick, mess free solution to stenciling with paint.
Ranger Paint Dabbers on 3 Dimensional Items: I purchased a few pumpkins at my local craft store. One was an unfinished paper mache pumpkin and the other was a colored shiny foam one. First, I painted the paper mache pumpkin using Metallic Copper & a brush. I found the dabber top difficult to use due to the dimension and size of the pumpkin. A brush made it easy to quickly apply a heavy coat of the paint over a large surface. Although, it did require quite a bit of paint it did cover evenly & smoothly with just one coat. The shiny coated pumpkins were a bit more difficult to paint. Again, I used the paint poured out onto the craft sheet so I could mix a custom color (this time Metallic Pearl, Glacier White, & Lemon Twist) and apply the paint with a brush. The slickness of the shiny surface plus the surface color showing through made it more difficult to get even, opaque coverage. I ended up doing two coats of paint and the drying time was quite a bit longer than on the other surfaces.
Ranger Paint Dabbers on Plastic: Using a plastic decorative plate I applied the Ranger Paint onto a stamp design using the dabber top and stamped the image around the plate. The dabber top was a great solution for applying paint onto the stamp. Because of the uneven surface, it was difficult to get a solid image. The paint is also not permanent so it can be easily chipped off. Overall, the paint was a great solution for short term decorative use but not suggested for long term wear & tear on plastic. (*Note: The plate should be used for decorative purposes only).
Ranger Paint Dabbers on Fabric: I applied the Gold Metallic Paint directly through a stencil and onto a piece of fabric. The paint went on easily and dried on the fabric quickly. You could also mix custom colors on a craft sheet & apply the paint with a Ranger Mini Ink Blending tool. The end result was a success!
Ranger Paint Dabbers on Natural Objects: I wanted to paint a pinecone solid gold. Using a paintbrush, I applied a heavy layer of the Gold Metallic Paint to the pinecone making sure to get into all the layers. The paint covered the pinecone well and I was able to achieve the gilded look I was hoping for.
The results: Ranger Paint Dabbers held up wonderfully in my Product Test Drive. Use the convenient dabber top for stenciling & stamping with paint or apply with a brush for more opaque coverage. A great solution for an all-purpose, multi surface paint, Ranger Paint Dabbers are a great staple in any creative space. The vibrant color palette is fun on its own or can be mixed to create custom colors. The possibilities are endless!
Check out this Give Thanks Autumn Canvas from our Guest Designer: Bobbi Smith.
Find Bobbi’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Give Thanks Autumn Canvas by Bobbi Smith
Check out this decorative wall hanging from our Guest Designer: Audrey Pettit.
Find Audrey’s tutorial in our Projects Library: Jack-O-Lantern Wall Hanging by Audrey Pettit
Introducing, Carved Pumpkin – this warm and saturated orange will illuminate your curiosity and keep your creativity glowing.
This bright and vivid color is the perfect accent or complement to your Distress projects.
Download the Carved Pumpkin press release here: Press Release: October 2015 Distress – Carved Pumpkin.
Be sure to check out Tim’s blog too for more information about Carved Pumpkin!
We are so excited to share even more new products this month for you!
Download the Distress Glitter Dust Press Release: Press Release: Distress Glitter Dust 2015 | www.rangerink.com
Download the Distress Paper Mosaic Kit Press Release: Press Release: Distress Paper Mosaic Kit 2015 | www.rangerink.com
Download the Distress Replacement Flip Tops Press Release: Press Release: Distress Replacement Flip Tops 2015 | www.rangerink.com
Download the Distress Splatter Brush Press Release: Press Release: Distress Splatter Brush 2015 | www.rangerink.com
Download the Dina Wakley Media & Dylusions Holiday Stamp & Stencil Sets Press Release: Press Release: Dina Wakley Media & Dylusions Holiday Stamp & Stencil Sets 2015 | www.rangerink.com
Download the Seasonal Stickles Assortments Press Release: Press Release: Seasonal Stickles Assortments 2015 | www.rangerink.com
Download the Shiny Foil Transfer Sheets Press Release: Press Release: Shiny Foil Transfer Sheets 2015 | www.rangerink.com
Download the Palette Knife Set Press Release: Press Release: Palette Knife Set 2015 | www.rangerink.com
Download the Ranger Storage Jars Press Release: Press Release: Ranger Storage Jars 2015 | www.rangerink.com
Download the ICE Resin®: Explore, Create, Resinate Jewelry Book Press Release: Press Release: ICE Resin®: Explore, Create, Resinate Jewelry Book 2015 | www.rangerink.com