We hope you had a fun and safe 4th of July yesterday. We have one more patriotic project to share with you. This Distress “Free” Card was created by Chelle Fowler.
To create this card you will need:
- Tim Holtz® Distress Paint: Barn Door, Chipped Sapphire, Picket Fence, Black Soot, and Vintage Photo
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink Pads: Walnut Stain
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Sticky-Back Canvas
- Ranger Surfaces Manila Craft Tags
- Archival Ink™ #0 Pads: Jet Black
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Artist Brushes
- Ranger Glossy Accents™
- Ranger Wonder Tape
- Popit Shapes™
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool & Foam
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz® Collection Cling Mount Stamps: Americana Blueprint (CMS145), Stampers Anonymous Mini Blueprints 2 (CMS146)
- Core’dinations Cardstock: Kraft Core Shattered Collection, Kraft Core Seasonal Impressions
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix: Movers and Shapers Mini Old Glory, Sizzlits Decorative Strip Tattered Banners
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Grungeboard Basics, Sanding Grip, Crinkle Ribbon, Game Pieces
Step 1: Trim red shattered cardstock to 5 ½” by 11″, score and fold at 5 ½”. Lightly sand edges with sanding grip then ink with Ink Blending Tool & Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Step 2: Trim embossed cardstock to 5″ by 5″, lightly sand paper with sanding grip then ink with Ink Blending Tool & Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Step 3: Trim Sticky-Back Canvas into 1 ½” strip, create banners by trimming canvas strip into 2″ pieces and trimming into banner shapes.
Step 4: Using artist brushes and distress paints create red and blue stripes on banners.
Step 5: Lightly ink with Ink Blending Tool and Walnut Stain Distress Ink; lightly sand. Stamp star image from Mini Blueprints 2 using Jet Black Archival Ink. Cut 3 stars out of Sticky-Back Canvas, lightly ink and adhere to banners.
Step 6: Cut flag from grungeboard, be sure to keep all flag pieces. Use Wonder Tape on back of die cut to hold all tiny pieces in place, so flag is one solid piece. Paint edges with Black Soot Distress Paint. Paint small pieces in place with Picket Fence Distress Paint.
Step 7: Die cut flag from Sticky Back Canvas. Paint flag using Chipped Sapphire, Barn Door, and Vintage Photo Distress Paint. Allow to dry then add dots of Picket Fence for stars. Allow to dry again. Lightly ink flag with Ink Blending Tool & Walnut Distress Ink. Lightly sand with sanding grip. Adhere canvas over rungeboard flag.
Step 8: Stamp star from Americana Blueprint stamp set onto manila tag using Jet Black Archival Ink.
Step 9: Use artist brush and distress paints slightly watered down to paint stamped image. Using watered down Chipped Sapphire Distress Paint and small artist brush, tap brush over image to create splatter on star. Trim star image then ink edges with Ink Blending Tool and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Step 10: Die cut small banner out of manila tag, type the word ‘free’ onto banner (other options: use stamps or Seasonal Chit Chat here instead). Ink edges of banner using Ink Blending Tool & Walnut Distress Ink. Ink game piece using Ink Blending Tool & Walnut Distress Ink. Begin layering embellishments beginning with Crinkle Ribbon adhered with Wonder Tape, then star stamped image adhered with Popit Shapes, then add other layers adhered with Glossy Accents.