Whether it’s a special day or just because, now is always the perfect time to tell the important people in your life how much they mean to you. This Stickles Be Still My Heart Card by Linda Ledbetter is the perfect way to do just that.
For this project, you will need:
- Ranger Surfaces Specialty Stamping Paper
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet™
- Archival Ink™ #0 Pads: Jet Black and Red Geranium
- Tim Holtz® Distress™ Markers: Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, Tea Dye, Gathered Twigs and Bundled Sage
- Tim Holtz® Waterbrush
- Tim Holtz® Distress Ink Pads: Black Soot
- Stickles™ Glitter Glue: Tropical Tangerine, Thistle and Peacock
- Popit Shapes™
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Sanding Grip, Tissue Tape, Plaquettes
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Artful Artifacts stamp set
- Small piece of Red Ribbon
- Baby Wipes
1. Cut a piece of Ranger Specialty Stamping paper 5” by 4.5” and stamp “David” from the Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Artful Artifacts set using Jet Black Archival Ink. Allow the ink to dry or speed up the process with your heat tool.
2. Scribble Tattered Rose and Antique Linen Distress Markers onto your Nonstick Craft Sheet.
3. Using the Detailer Waterbrush, blend the two colors together to create a natural skin tone to color David’s face.
4. Use a baby wipe to gently blot and further blend the color.
5. Use the same “scribble and waterbrush” technique to apply a mixture of Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries Distress Marker ink to the background of the image, using the Wide Flat Waterbrush.
6. Color David’s hair with Distress Makers in Tea Dye and Gathered Twigs, and his iris with Bundled Sage.
7. Use Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink in Red Geranium to stamp the “Be Still My Heart…” text from Wendy’s “Lovely Art” set.
8. Rough up the edges of the card with an Idea-ology Sanding Grip (never sand directly on a Non-Stick Craft Sheet!).
9. Swipe the edges with Black Soot Distress Paint. Allow to dry.
10. Dab Stickles in Tropical Tangerine and Thistle onto the pink background of the card. Give David’s eye a sparkle with Peacock Stickles. Set aside the card to dry.
11. Meanwhile, cut a piece of scrap card stock the same size as your card. Take a roll of Idea-ology Tissue Tape and make a pleated edge all the way around the card by folding the tape over onto itself. See Tim’s blog post here for detailed instructions: http://timholtz.com/tissue-tape-ideas-giveaway/
12. Apply Tropical Tangerine Stickles to the outside edge of the Tissue Tape.
13. Use Ranger Pop-Its to attach David to the Tissue-Taped background.
14. Cut a small piece of red ribbon and thread it through the #14 Idea-ology Plaquette.