Create a lovely canvas, blooming with the beautiful colors of Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints!
By Tara Nixon
- Use a craft stick to spread Gesso over a 4×8 canvas. Create texture by scraping designs with another craft stick into the thicker portions of gesso & layering strips of torn text print paper into the wet gesso. Set aside to dry.
- Cut several imperfect circles from text/book print papers in graduating sizes. Mixing patterns, form two stacks of several circles and attach with a brad, forming the base for the flowers. Cut a few leaf shapes from the same papers.
- Add a wash of color to the flower and leaves with Distress Ink by wiping ink on your craft sheet and painting with the wide tip water brush. Dry with a heat tool, allowing the papers to curl as they dry.
- Twist and bend the layers to reveal more of the uncolored portions, and then distress the flowers with an Ink blending tool and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. Spritz with Perfect Pearl Mist and set aside.
- Mix together studio extra time and acrylic paints, and brush on to the prepared canvas. Blend colors as you paint so there is a mix of yellow, teal and green.
- Select a texture from Tim Holtz’s Mixed Media stamp set and stamp with classic teal acrylic paint randomly over the canvas. Stamp an image from Claudine Hellmuth’s Bloom foam stamp set with dab of yellow acrylic paint randomly over the canvas.
- Cut strips of patterned paper to form the stems. Adhere stems and leaves to the canvas with Matte Multi Medium.
- Spritz a few bursts of Dylusions sprays randomly on the canvas and allow them to drip down the canvas.
- Adhere the flowers as well as text/alpha stickers with Matte Multi Medium.