Use Adirondack Alcohol Inks and Embossing Powder to create this fabulous centerpiece.
By Bonnie Egenton
1. Wash and dry charger plate to remove any dust or dirt. Using Alcohol Inks on Ink Applicator with felt, pounce a variety of colors (Cranberry, Rust, Terra Cotta, Butterscotch, Raisin) onto the charger plate to colorize. Let dry between layers of color to achieve a rich saturation. Set aside.
2. Using Vagabond and Tattered Leaves die, cut several leaves from cardstock – use a variety of autumn colors for contrast.
3. Spread out leaves on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet. Spritz leaves lightly with Biscotti and Cappuccino Perfect Pearls Mists. Let dry or speed drying with Heat It Craft Tool.
4. Add Distress Ink to edges of each leaf with the Ink Blending Tool with foam. Bend and shape each cardstock leaf with fingers for a more realistic look.
5. Remove clear label from jar candle by peeling off. Remove stickiness on jar by applying Alcohol Blending Solution with a paper towel.
6. Determine height and width of jar for placing Frosted Film. Cut Frosted Film to a size that fits the jar.
7. Ink leaf stamps with Emboss It Ink. Stamp onto Frosted Film.
8. Sprinkle Adirondack Embossing Powder in random colors (Terra Cotta, Butterscotch, Cranberry, Lettuce) on 1 image. Tap off excess powder onto scrap paper. Melt powder with Heat It Craft Tool over heat resistant Non-Stick Craft Sheet. Then repeat these steps for all images–for this candle a total of 4 images were embossed.
9. Adhere sticky side of Frosted Film to jar candle.
10. Tie Paper String around jar opening.
11. Scatter paper leaves onto charger plate and place jar candle in the center.