Create a shimmery vintage fall card embellished with a realistic paper leaf and pearl acorns.
By Shelly Hickox
1. Ink Thankful text stamp with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and stamp onto folded Inkssentials Kraft Tag.
2. Clean stamp and ink again using Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey Distress Inks. Stamp onto Kraft cardstock.
3. Fray edges of tag using a paper distresser and ink with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Drag Vintage Photo Ink Pad down the front of the tag, adding streaks of ink.
4. Cut out desired words from cardstock stamped with Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey inks. Distress edges and ink with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using the Ink Blending Tool with foam. Apply to front of card using Popit Shapes.
5. Ink a Seasonal Chit Chat Sticker with Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, and Wild Honey Distress inks using Ink Blending Tool with foam. Adhere to bottom of card, covering the hole. Attach an Idea-ology Label Pull over the top of it.
6. Mist entire card with Gold Perfect Pearls Mist.
7. Press Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Wild Honey, and Tarnished Brass Distress Stains onto Non-Stick Craft Sheet, creating puddles of stain. Spritz a panel of Inkssentials Manila Paper with water, lay on top of inks, and then quickly pull out.
8. Using Heatit Craft Tool, dry tag. Continue to dip tag into stain until desired look is obtained. When dry, spray a small amount of water onto fingers and flick onto inked surface to create spots. Dry again with Heatit Craft Tool.
9. Cut leaf shape from stained paper using Alterations Tattered Leaves Die.
10. Insert cut leaf into Alterations Textured Leaves Texture Fade and emboss. Remove from folder and ink edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink on Ink Blending Tool with foam.
11. Tie leaf stem with Idea-ology Paper Twine and adhere to card with Popit Shapes.
12. Squirt about three drops of Terra Cotta, Butterscotch, and Caramel Adirondack Alcohol ink into a small zip-top plastic bag. Drop in pearl beads, zip closed and manipulate pearls in the ink until they are completely colored. Shake out onto Non-Stick Craft Sheet and let dry.
13. Remove acorns from caps, if necessary. Apply Glossy Accents to inside of acorn caps. Insert pearls into caps and hold until set.
14. Tie a length of Idea-ology Paper Twine around top of card and knot. Unfurl a short piece of twine and use one length to tie acorns onto card.