Distress Inks™ are fade-resistant, water-based dye inks perfect for stamping on papers, brayering on photos and more. The techniques in this project will show you how to effortlessly create a weathered, aged effect.
By Tim Holtz
(1) To “distress” tags, wrinkle and crumple up using your hands. Smooth out slightly.
(2) Color tags with a variety of Distress Inks. Apply inks to tag directly from the pad.
(3) Spray tags with water and allow inks to blend.
(4) Using the Heat-It Craft Tool, heat tags to dry the inks and water.
(5) Stamp images on journal pages (tags) with Distress Black Soot.
(6) Ink brayer with Vintage Photo Distress Ink by rolling the brayer over the stamp pad. Roll brayer back and forth over photo until you add the amount of color you desire. Wipe excess ink from photo with a paper towel.
(7) Rub Antique Linen Distress Ink from the stamp pad onto lace and mist with water. Dry with Heat-It Craft Tool and attach lace to journal page with adhesive.
(8) Adhere coordinating, dimensional, vintage memorabilia