Make this whimsical Tag with Dylusions Stamps and Stickles Dry Fine Glitter.
By Candy Colwell
1. Lightly distress the Manila Tag using Dried Marigold Distress Ink with an Ink Blending Tool and Foam. Add a touch of Vintage Photo all over the tag and ink the edges with Black Soot.
2. Ink the large polka dot stamp from Tim Holtz Mixed Media Stamp Set using a Clear Emboss It Dabber. Stamp the polka dots over the entire tag. Sprinkle the Sticky Embossing Powder over the tag and remove the excess powder before heat setting. (If some powder remains on the tag, simply brush it away using a small dry paint brush.) Heat set and immediately sprinkle Tropical Tangerine Glitter over the polka dots. Remove the excess glitter. (Again, if there is excess glitter, simply brush away with a small paint brush). Quickly heat set the glitter in place. Do not overheat.
3. Draw thin black circles around all of the polka dots using the fine tip of a Black Soot Distress Marker.
4. Stamp the Dylusions images onto Specialty Stamping Paper using Jet Black Archival Ink. Heat set.
5. Swipe Peacock Feathers, Dried Marigold and Mustard Seed Distress Ink Pads onto a Non-Stick Craft Sheet. Using a Detailer Water Brush, pick up the colors from the mat and begin coloring in the girl, adding and blending more color and different colors as you go. Lightly add a touch of tumbled glass to the “lenses” of the glasses to make them look like glass.
6. Use Glossy Accents to give dimension to the polka dots on her coat and her yellow boots. Set aside to dry.
7. Still using the Detailer Water Brush, color the other set of yellow boots and the crown using Mustard Seed. Color the frog’s face first with Shabby Shutters and then blending in Peeled Paint. Add Glossy Accents to the crown and the boots for more dimension. Set aside to dry.
8. Color the umbrella with Peacock Feathers and Dried Marigold with the Detailer Water Brush. Use Glossy Accents to add dimension to the polka dots. Set aside to dry.
9. Cut out all of the images, leaving just a small white margin around all of them.
10. Glue the girl, the umbrella handle and the extra set of boots directly onto the tag. Pop dot the frog’s head and the umbrella in place.
11. Stamp and cut out the sentiment, leaving a slight white edge. Glue them in place using Glossy Accents.