Tara used the colors and patterns of a gift card for the inspiration to make this rustic gift card holder.
By Tara Nixon
1. Lay a #8 Tag on the Craft Sheet and mist with Lemon Zest and Squeezed Orange Dylusions Sprays, allowing the colors to blend. Then place a second tag on top and press together. Pull the tags apart and dry with a Heatit Craft Tool. Set aside one of the tags.
2. Turn over the tag you are using and ink the bottom half of the other side by either dipping into leftover ink on the craft sheet or spraying again. Dry with the Heatit Craft Tool.
3. Lay the Dylusions Dotted Flowers Stencil over the tag and spray with Melted Chocolate Ink. Repeat on the back side of the tag, including the floral border from the stencil along the bottom edge. Dry with the Heatit Craft Tool.
4. Flip over the inky stencil onto the second tag, pressing ink onto it then set aside to dry.
5. Use the Tarnished Brass Metallic Distress Stain to ink one half of the Scattered Leaves Texture Treads. Stamp on the top of the front side of the tag.
6. Mist the stamped Texture Tread with water and stamp the bottom half of the back side of your tag for a more subtle pattern. Dry with a Heatit Craft Tool.
7. Measure from the bottom of the tag and score at 2”. Fold the tag so the inked sides are both on the front.
8. Remove staples from a stapler and rub Tarnished Brass Metallic Distress Stain over them, insert back in the stapler and staple the pocket on each side.
9. Lightly rub Tarnished Brass Metallic Distress Stain around the edges of the pocket, then ink the edges of the entire tag with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
10. Die cut some leaves from the unused tag using the Autumn Gatherings Strip die. Ink the cut leaves with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, then spray with Bronze Perfect Pearls Mist. Adhere the leaves along the edge of the pocket with Glossy Accents, then apply Glossy Accents over parts of the leaves and add a hint of Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles Dry Glitter to them.
11. Thread some wire through a brown button, leaving long enough wire ends to hold on to. Dip the button in the Distress Embossing Ink Pad, then into Clear UTEE. Melt with the HeatIt Tool and repeat. Apply Tarnished Brass Metallic Distress Stain, then apply ink and UTEE again. Set aside to cool.
12. Lightly rub Tarnished Brass Metallic Distress Stain on an orange paper flower. (if you don’t have one that matches, Dylusions Sprays work perfectly to color your flowers!)
13. Thread the wire through to the front of the button and curl the ends into a spiral. Attach to the center of the flower, then attach the flower to the pocket.
14. Cut a few more small lengths of wire, curl them and glue them tucked under the leaves.
15. Cut and score manila cardstock to create a 4.25×5.5″ card. Lightly mist with Melted Chocolate Dylusions Sprays, followed by another light mist of Bronze Perfect Pearl Mist. Once dry, ink the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
16. Cut a piece of coordinating cardstock to 3.5×4.75″ and adhere to the card front.
17. Tie ribbons to the top of the tag pocket and adhere the pocket as shown to the front of the card.
18. Insert a gift card into the pocket.