Use Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel to create charming Faux Porcelain embellishments.
By Tammy Tutterow
- Cut green (No. 11) Kraft-Core cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score the cardstock in the center to create a fold, creating a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card. Tear or cut the pink (No. 2) Kraft-Core cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″. Use a ruler to tear against to create straight torn edges.
- Place the pink Kraft-Core cardstock in the Book Cover Texture fade. Place the cardstock color side up in the folder with the printing facing up. Place the folder and cardstock in your die cutting machine and emboss.
- Apply Picket Fence Distress Stain on the colored side of the of the embossed Kraft-Core cardstock. Apply the stain with medium coverage, allowing the cardstock color to show through lightly. Use a Heat It Craft Tool to dry the stain on the paper.
- Use a Sanding Grip to sand the surface of the embossed Kraft-Core cardstock to remove some of the stain and to reveal some of the kraft core. (Be sure to not sand on your Non-Stick Craft Sheet, as it will damage the surface of your sheet.)
- Apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges and raised surfaces of the embossed Kraft-Core cardstock and to the edges of the green card using an Ink Blending Tool.
- Stamp a sentiment on a natural colored Sticky-Back Canvas ATC using Jet Black Archival Ink. Apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges of the canvas.
- Adhere the canvas ATC to the center of the card. Add machine stitching around the edges for extra detail.
- Brush the edges of small white Prima flowers with assorted colors of Distress Ink.
- Melt UTEE in a Melting Pot and dip the flowers into the UTEE, covering the flowers completely. Remove the flowers from the UTEE and cool on a Non-Stick Craft Sheet. UTEE that has been heated for long periods of time can take on an amber color. Ambered UTEE can add to a vintage look. To avoid the amber color, dip your items soon after the UTEE crystals have melted.
- Dip small fabric wired leaves in the melted UTEE. The thin fabric will become transparent like dark colored glass after it is dipped.
- Adhere the flowers and leaves together in clusters to embellish the front of the card.