Take note of this clever way to use an Inkssentials Tag.
By Richele Christensen
1. Stamp the Harlequin pattern a few times on the Kraft tag with Distress Embossing Ink. Use Super Fine Detail Clear embossing powder to emboss the area. Heat with a Heat-It Tool. Let cool.
2. Apply Picket Fence Distress Stain to the entire tag. Let dry.
3. Stamp Script with Sepia Archival Ink several times.
4. Distress edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink on an Ink Blending Tool and Foam.
5. Using a Bone Folder, Score tag 3 1/2” in from edge and then another 3 1/2” to create the book.
6. Using paper weight Kraft, fold the 4” x 6” in half to make pages. Ink the edges of the pages with Vintage Photo Distress ink on an Ink Blending Tool and Foam.
7. Position pages inside folded tag. Poke 3 holes at the spin with a Craft Pick. One in the center and one on either side of the center hole by about 1”.
8. Use Twine to sew book together. Start in the inside at the center hole and push the thread through to the outside. Next push thread from outside to inside at one of the outer holes. From the inside, go to the opposite end and push the thread through to the outside. For the final stitch, push the thread through the center hole back to the inside. Your thread should be on either side of the big stitch on the inside center. Tie it off with a square knot and you are done.
9. Add file tabs to pages.
10.Fold jute in half, thread through the hole in the tag. Open the end to make a loop and push the ends through the loop of the jute.
11.Add “Notes” to the outside with Alpha Letters.
12.Wrap Jute around and tie a bow to close the book.