Melt Art Holly Pendant Make-It-Take-It, CHA Summer 2012
By Debbie Tlach
1. Pour clear UTEE into the Melting Pot. Cover and let melt.
2. Add a pinch of Stickles Glitter in Golden Rod. Add a pinch of Perfect Pearls in Sunflower Sparkle. Stir gently with spatula.
3. Place Snow Flurries or Scalloped Lace Texture Tread face up on Craft Sheet. Place Memory Frame on top of Texture Tread.
4. Quickly and carefully, pour melted UTEE into the Memory Frame, so UTEE fills the frame. Let cool.
5. Peel Texture Tread off UTEE.
6. Clean Melting Pot by pouring UTEE out onto Craft Sheet and using a wad of paper towels to wipe the pot. Tip: The cooled leftover UTEE can be saved, re-melted and used for another project.
7. Pour Clear UTEE into the Melting Pot. Cover and let melt.
8. While UTEE is melting, die cut the shrink plastic using the Holly Branch die. (We will only be using the 3 holly leaves.)
9. When the UTEE has completely melted, squeeze 3 drops of Heat it Ink in Jade into the Melting Pot. Stir Gently with spatula.
10. Use tweezers to place the three Shrink Plastic holly leaves into the UTEE. The Shrink Plastic will curl, shrink and eventually sink. Use the Tweezers to grasp the leaf by the stem and pull it out of the UTEE. Let cool. Remove it from the tweezers by prying the prongs apart. Trim with scissors if necessary. Repeat with the other holly leaves.
11. Use the Loctite® Gel to glue the holly leaves to the framed UTEE.
12. Use Ice Stickles to make ‘berry’ dots. Let dry completely.
13. Tie a piece of ribbon into a bow on the jump ring of the Memory Frame.