Learn how easy it is to Blend Distress Inks and make this vibrant summer card set.
By Tara Nixon
- Trim white cardstock to 4×5.25″ to fit on standard A2 sized black card base.
- Tear a scrap of paper in half, leaving a rough torn edge on each half.
- Use low tac tape to adhere white cardstock to craft sheet, then adhere torn paper over it leaving a gap of approx 1.5″ on the left side of your white card.
- Apply Distress Ink with Ink Blending Tool over the open area of white cardstock, carefully avoiding lifting the scrap papers.
- Start with shades of yellow (Squeeze Lemonade and Mustard Seed) at the top
- Ink a background stamp of your choice (CMS125, CMS106) in Mustard Seed Distress Ink and stamp over the inked background. (using a lighter shade of ink adds a unique textural look)
- Stamp floral silhouette (CMS001) in Jet Black Archival over the inked background.Stamp thank you sentiment on the right side of the inked piece.
- Stamp the smaller butterfly stamp from CMS125 with Archival Ink on white, add color with coordinating Distress Markers.
- Cut out butterfly stamps, gently curve the wings and smear Rock Candy Distress Stickles over the wings.
- Adhere the background piece to your card base. Adhere coordinating butterfly over the colored panel as shown.
Repeat with colors and stamps of your choice! Try Summer Distress Inks for a vibrant card set!