Description: Learn how to use Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso to make a textured background on a scrapbook layout.
By Ronda Palazzari
1. Using a Craft Scraper, spread gesso on 12″ x 12″ Manila Cardstock. Scrape gesso in different directions to create texture. The gesso does not have to cover the entire background.
2. Create textures and impressions on wet gesso using Texture Fades. Let gesso dry completely.
3. Spray and paint Dylusions ink on entire background. Where there is no gesso, the color will be more intense. Keep adding layers of dye ink until you get the colors you want.
4. Using a paintbrush, add color to Sketch Book Tissue Tape using Dylusions spray ink. To create an ombre look, use two or more inks.
5. Die-cut heart shape from grunge paper. Run die-cut heart shape in texture fades through Vagabond machine.
6. Paint textured heart using a variety of colors and let it dry.
7. Add alcohol ink to metal leaves and let dry. Add gesso to metal flower and then add color with yellow paint.
8. On craft sheet, mix black paint plus water. Load up a small round paintbrush with mixture. Gently tap paint brush over background to create splatters. Let it dry.
9. To assemble layout, tear pieces of book pages and adhere only the top portions to center of the page.
10. Stamp circle border over last text layer, using Jet Black Archival Ink. Stamp date image repeatedly just left of center using Jet Black Archival Ink.
11. Scrunch up tissue tape and tuck into book text.
12. Layer photo, textured heart, painted metal flower, and other embellishments near stamped images and tissue tape using Glossy Accents to adhere the elements to the page.
13. Add title and journaling to complete layout.