Simon Hurley, the newest Ranger Signature Designer, is a teen card maker and YouTube influencer. Simon has been crafting his entire life making origami sculptures, paper beads, polymer clay creations, and crocheted stuffed animals before falling in love with card making at the age of 11. Exploring various mediums and creating inky backgrounds, Simon shares his passion for creating cards on his YouTube channel, Inklipse. With a growing audience, Simon enjoys interacting with viewers, sharing everything from his favorite card making supplies, creative life hacks and his latest, tutorials on how to use his new product line, Simon Hurley create.
• Simon draws all his clear photopolymer stamp sets and drew the Trampoline Friends set when he first started cardmaking.
• The two neutral inks in his line, "Grrr!" and "Woof!" are named after his dogs Tazo and Oreo.
Photopolymer clear stamps feature Simon's playful artwork ranging from clever and quirky characters, whimsical critters and animals, to a variety of sentiments perfect for handmade cards of all occasions. These high quality stamps are made in the USA and will allow you to stamp the perfect image every time!
Simon Hurley create. Stencils
Stencils are a fun way to add texture and dimension to your card projects. Perfect for use with inks and other mediums such as Texture Pastes, Glitter Glues and Spray Inks, these 6" x 6" stencil designs coordinate perfectly with the Simon Hurley create. stamp sets.
In addition to traditional patterned stencils, Simon's line also includes a Maker line of designs. The Flower Maker and Shell Maker Stencils allow you to layer various elements together to create a finished shape.
In this video, Simon Hurley shares how to use the Flower Maker Stencil to ink blend beautiful florals on your cardmaking and crafting projects! You can also download this helpful layering guide here.
Simon Hurley create. Dye Ink Pads
The Simon Hurley create. line wouldn't be complete without a line of ink pads manufactured at Ranger's New Jersey headquarters! Perfect for creating blended backgrounds, stamping, stenciling and water color techniques, these dye ink pads are an assortment of 12 bright shades with catchy whimsical names.
Simon Hurley create. Surfaces and Die Cuts
Every hand-made card begins with the ideal surface! Simon Hurley's surface of choice is his Stark White Cardstock. This smooth, bright white 110lb surface is the ideal crafting material when using Simon Hurley create. Dye Inks and other mediums. The 8.5" x 11" sheet is perfect for die-cutting and creating cards of all sizes.
New to the Simon Hurley create. product line are the Dudes Die Cuts. This assortment of quirky dudes is designed to coordinate perfectly with the Dudes Too! Photopolymer Stamp set. Printed on heavyweight matte cardstock, these die cuts are perfect for coloring in with Simon Hurley create. Dye Inks.
In this video, Simon shares how easy it is to add Die Cuts to cards and other paper crafting projects. Simply color with Simon Hurley create. Dye Inks and a water brush or your favorite coloring medium, and add to your card project.
Simon Hurley create. Creative Team
In July 2019, Simon Hurley announced four members of the official Simon Hurley create. Creative team! Admired by Simon for their love of creating and inspiring projects, these four designers will be providing monthly inspiration and tutorials using the Simon Hurley create. product line. You can see their projects by following @simonhurleycreate on Instagram.
The Simon Hurley create. Creative team consists of:
Jess Francisco (@acarddayswork)
Emily Leiphart (@emily.leiphart)
Lynnea Hollendonner (@lynneahollendonner)
Courtney Kreeber (@courtney_kreeber)
You can follow along with their most recent card projects by following @simonhurleycreate on Instagram.
Ideas & Inspiration using Simon Hurley create.
- Simon Hurley shares new peel-apart background stamp Piano Recital and how to get tons of use and versatility from the one stamp! Check it out here.
- Daniel from delandartie.com shares this fantastic DIY Christmas Card using the new Simon Hurley create. Caroling Squad Stamp Set. Click to see the full post here.
- Follow a step-by step tutorial from guest designer Joy Baldwin to create this whimsical Simon Hurley create. Happy Birthday Friends Card.
- In this video, Simon shares how to use the Shell Maker stencil to ink blend beautiful shells on your cardmaking and crafting projects!
- Jess Francisco shares 5 creative ways to use Simon Hurley create. Stencils to create backgrounds for card making and other paper craft projects! View the tutorial here.
- Get the ultimate course on ink blending, stamping, stenciling, and watercoloring using Simon Hurley create. products from the expert himself (Simon Hurley) with Scrapbook.com's Ultimate Stamping Hacks class.