Congratulations to our Challenge winners for the month of September! Both winners will be receiving a Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks!
Facebook Winner: Jenn Colahan
Instagram Winner: @carapetals
I had a couple of fun product releases this summer…new stamps and stencils, new collage tissues and new washi. Woo hoo. I want this month’s Show Us Your Media challenge to inspire you to crack open the packaging and USE your new goods. Seriously. Use it. We’ll make more.
Paint (and any supply, really) is only wasted when it stays in the tube. Just make.
I made this journal page from my new washi and new tissues, and a new stamp image.
This page started with small mini collages that I made on loose cotton rag watercolor paper. I lightly painted the paper, and added tissues with Gel Medium. After I made the cards, I glued them back to back and taped them together to fold into a little accordion book. Then I mounted the book onto a kraft page in my journal. You can pull the book out and see both sides. To get the pops of yellow, I painted some of the burlap in the journal with Lemon paint. When it dried, I cut it into shapes and even hand-stitched on it with floss.
- Dina Wakley Media Journal
- Dina Wakley Media Washi Tape Set #3
- Dina Wakley Media Collage Paper: Backgrounds
- Dina Wakley Media Gel Medium
- Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks
- Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paints: Ocean, Magenta, Lemon
- Dina Wakley Media Cotton Rag Watercolor Paper
- Ranger Archival Ink #0: Jet Black
- Idea-ology by Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher (I loooove this tool)
- Needle and Embroidery Floss
Challenge Rules Recap
I want to put the "me" back in mixed media. All art is personal, whether it be a card or an art journal page or a painting. Join me as we begin a series of monthly challenges and prompts that will fuel your creative spirit and help you delve into the ME of MEdia.
- We will announce monthly challenges on the Ranger blog on the third Thursday of each month.
- Use at least one Dina Wakley Media product in your project. If your product is not obvious (like paint), please list the colors you used.
- You can make anything you like—a card, an art journal page, a tag, a canvas, anything!
- Interpret each challenge any way you like. You can be literal or you can use it as a springboard and see where it takes you. Let the challenge inspire you and stretch you.
- Try to journal on your piece. Write your thoughts about each prompt. You can write a little or you can write a lot, but do your best to incorporate your thoughts and feelings into the piece.
- When you complete a challenge, please share it on your blog and personal social media account(s) (Instagram/Facebook) with the tags #showusyourMEdia and #rangerink. When you share on your personal FB page, be sure to make the post public so that it shows up in our hashtag search. You can share in the art groups, too, but those posts don’t show up in the searches if the groups are closed or private.
- We will do two random drawings each month for a prize. We will search the hashtag #showusyourMEdia on Instagram for one winner, and then on Facebook for the second winner. To be clear, you must use the hashtag #showusyourMEdia on either Instagram or Facebook in order to show up in the search and to be eligible to win. You have until the third Wednesday of each month to complete the previous month's challenge.
- We will announce the previous month's winner AND the new challenge on the third Thursday of each month.
- Note this challenge does not take the place of the monthly challenges we have in the Dina Wakley Media Tribe Facebook group. If you’re not a member of the tribe, please join us! Artists in the group post lots of cool art and inspiration. Visit my website for online classes, teaching schedule, blog, and more.