(1) Lightly sand the entire board book (and plastic parts too) with medium grit sandpaper, until most of the page images are no longer visible. I actually like to have some of the elements show through. Paint the book cover, spine, and plastic pieces with gesso. Rest the book in a “tent” formation on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet to dry. Repeat with all the book spreads, allowing gesso to dry in between. If you do not want the page images to show through, apply additional coats of Gesso.
(2) Using the Acrylic Paint Dabber in Aqua, apply paint by dabbing direct-to-surface on the covers and spine of book. Set on Non-Stick Craft Sheet to dry. Repeat if desired for a second coat.
(3) Unscrew the cap of the Denim Acrylic Paint Dabber and pour out a small amount of paint onto your Non-Stick Craft Sheet. Carefully paint movable plastic square pieces and let dry. Apply a second coat if desired.
(4) Cut 6 photos to 1.25” x 1.25” (you can also scan and size them on your computer too). You can use the same 3 photos on both sides, or use 6 different ones. Apply photos to both sides of movable squares with spray glue.
(5) Using foam stamps and the Denim Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber, stamp the words Brag boOk on the bottom section of the book cover. Immediately clean stamps with water or stamp cleaner.
(6) Apply embellishments, ribbon and fabric buttons with Glossy Accents.
(7) Follow step #2 for painting the inside pages, allowing each to dry separately so they don’t stick together. Once the entire book is painted, add photos embellishments, ephemera and other mementos as desired. Then show everyone!