Steps for Canvas Background
(1) Rub Distress Ink pads directly on to canvas surface – be sure to ink front as well as edges of canvas.
(2) Mist canvas with Mini Mister filled with water.
(3) Cut a square of Cut n’ Dry Foam and wipe across inked canvas to blend the ink.
(4) Repeat with additional colors to achieve desired look; re-wet as needed.
(5) Let canvas dry.
Steps for Collage
(6) Cut out photo and various words and/or ephemera.
(7) Ink edges with Distress Ink using Cut n’ Dry Foam.
(8) Adhere photos and images onto canvas using Glossy Accents.
(9) Attach wings to canvas using Glossy Accents.
(10) Let waxed canvas cool completely.
Glazing with Paint Dabbers
(11) Apply dabber paints over canvas and wipe away excess paint using Cut n’ Dry Foam. Note: lightly mist with Mini-Mister and water to dilute paint if needed.
Steps for Distress Crackle Paint
(12) Using built-in cap brush, brush a medium layer of Distress Crackle Paint over canvas, but not over photo.
(13) Allow paint to dry (paint will begin to crackle in minutes).
(14) If you would like to speed up the process, once cracks begin appearing, you may heat with heat tool to speed up crackle process.
Steps for Assembly
(15) For screw eye hardware (included in canvas pack), poke 2 holes in top of canvas and one in bottom center.
(16) Insert “closed” screw eyes into top 2 holes and tighten by hand.
(17) Attach hanger clips to both top screw eyes.
(18) Insert “open” screw eye into bottom hole and tighten.
(19) Attach key to hook.
(20) Place keyhole onto canvas and poke holes in canvas.
(21) Apply a small amount of Glossy Accents to back of keyhole and press on canvas. Secure with nails if needed.
(22) Let dry completely.