1. Stamp image of gentleman from Time Travelers on to Specialty Stamping Paper using Jet Black Archival Ink.
2. Swipe Tattered Rose and Scattered Straw Distress Inks onto a Non-Stick Craft Sheet. Use a Detailer Water Brush to mix the colors to get a nice flesh tone and paint the gentleman’s face. Then, using the same method as above, color his clothes using Barn Door and Salty Ocean Distress Inks and the water brush. Paint a wide blue band on his hat. Heat set everything. Then add a dab of Picket Fence Distress Paint on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet and add stars to the hat band with the Detailer Water Brush. Use the Ink Applicator Tool with Foam and Antique Linen and lightly press the tool over the entire gentleman. To transform the gentleman into Uncle Sam, use the Detailer Water Brush and lightly add Gesso on his hair, his eyebrows, his mustache and create a beard. Clean the brush and heat set the gentleman with the Heat it Tool. Cut him out, leaving a slight border. Color the border with a Scattered Straw Distress Ink Marker. Run a Black Soot Distress Ink Marker just on the edge of the paper.
3. Create the background behind Uncle Sam on a #8 Manila Tag by lightly spritzing the tag with water and wiping down the tag with Fired Brick followed by Salty Ocean Distress Paint, leaving a center line of the manila tag showing. Spritz with a little Picket Fence Distress Stain (converted into a 2oz. Mister Bottle). Finally, spritz with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist for a shimmer. Cut it into a 4 ½ x 3 ¼ piece to fit behind the Postage Frame.
4. Die cut two Postage Stamps out of Plain Grungeboard or chipboard. Then, using the L-Tray, center a Sized Rectangle on the Postage Stamps and cut them out again, creating two frames. Give the frames a basecoat of Antique Linen Distress Paint. (I later went back and added Fired Brick Distress Ink over the top frame after I had it put together because I liked the red better than the light frame).
5. Emboss (in black embossing powder) the USA Mini Blueprint onto a piece of acetate, being careful not to scorch it. Then cut it out to fit behind the Postage Stamp frame. Add Wonder Tape on the underneath side of the frame around the window. Center the acetate and stick in place.
6. Color a piece of manila cardstock with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain. Heat set. Stamp Wendy Vecchi’s stars from her Celestial Art set. Heat set and cut it out. Edge with the Black Distress Marker.
7. Glue the red, cream and blue background behind the other frame using Wonder Tape. Fit the stars onto the left side of the background and glue in place. Place Uncle Sam in the center of the background, but where the stars will show over his shoulder. Add Pop it Shapes behind Uncle Sam and pop him into place.
8. Double stack more Pop it Shapes on the four corners of the Postage Stamp frame and pop the frame with the acetate over the other frame, creating a dimensional piece. Ink the edges of the frame with a Black Soot Distress Marker.
9. Paint a small wooden stick with a Brushed Pewter Paint Dabber. When dry, glue to the left side of the frame with Glossy Accents. Stamp the American Flag Mini Blueprint on a piece of Manila Cardstock and color it using Salty Ocean and Barn Door Distress Inks and a Detailer Water Brush. Gently touch each of the stars with Picket Fence Distress Paint on the Detailer Water Brush. Heat set. Cut out, edge with a Black Soot Distress Marker. Wrinkle the flag to look as though it is waving. Use a Pop it Shape to put the flag in place.
10. Add an extra star to the bottom of the frame using a star punch and silver paper left over from the Celestial star stamp.