Hi, everyone! I discovered stamping in 1996 and got hooked. For many years, I made cards. I even taught card classes in my home. There truly is something special about a handmade card. Here is an easy card, artsy card you can make with ugly art. It’s simple to make and I love to use up journal pages, mop up pages, and gelli prints that didn’t quite work out.
Kraft cardstock cut into standard card size (8.5×5.5, folded to make a 4.25×5.5 card), plus another small scrap of Kraft cardstock
- Jet Black archival ink
- Dina Wakley Media large flat brush
- Dina Wakley Media Penny and Night acrylic paint
- Dina Wakley Media stencil Essentials
- Dina Wakley Media Handwritten Heart Collage stamp set
- Ranger Adhesive Foam
- Idealogy by Tim Holtz Paper Twine (not sure this is the correct name)
- Idealogy by Tim Holtz Grid Block
- A 1/16″ hole punch or awl
- A piece of art your don’t like…a journal page, a gelli print, a mop-up page, anything!
Use black Archival ink to stamp the large heart onto your ugly art. Don’t choose art that is too dark, the stamping won’t show up.
Cut out the stamped image, and also cut out the heart from inside the stamped image. You can use the heart from the inside on another project.
Use the large brush and Penny paint to stencil a metallic pattern on the kraft card.
Water down some Night paint and use the large brush to speckle it onto your card. Let it dry.
Stamp one of the phrases from the stamp set on a scrap of kraft cardstock. Cut it out and ink around it with the black archival pad. Punch a hole in the corner and tie it onto the card front with the paper twine.
Use Adhesive Foam to tape the large collage heart over the twine and stamped sentiment. Isn’t it cool how that large heart fits perfectly on the card front?