Patchwork Quilt Sachet Cover
(1) Pre-wash unbleached muslin to remove sizing.
(2) Cut or tear muslin to a three inch by four inch rectangle. Spray muslin with Mini Mister containing water followed by Denim Color Wash. Rinse to remove excess color until fabric is a very pale blue. Let dry and iron flat.
(3) To create a photo transfer on fabric, use foam brush to paint a coat of Perfect Fabric Medium directly onto the front of the color photocopy image. Place image face down onto center of pale blue fabric scrap. Burnish the image onto the muslin with brayer. Dry with Craft Tool or iron on the back of the fabric.
(4) Spray transfer with Mini Mister containing water and begin to remove the paper revealing the image transfer. Continue to wet and rub off all of the remaining photocopy paper.
(5) Use a Perfect Pearls detail brush to add touches of Blush Perfect Pearls to the skin tones of the transferred image.
(6) Working on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet, use water brush to mix Blue Patina Perfect Pearls with Perfect Fabric Medium and water to create a diluted, translucent glaze. Brush the glaze over the image to seal and protect the image transfer. Allow to dry.
(7) Cut one 4″ x 7″ rectangle of muslin.
(8) Spray muslin with Mini Mister containing water followed by Denim Color Wash. Rinse to remove excess color. Let dry and iron flat. Ink Elegant Flourishes stamp with Perfect Medium Stamp Pad and stamp onto dyed muslin. Use Cosmetic Brush to brush on Forever Blue Perfect Pearls over the stamped image. Brush off excess powder. Working on the Craft Sheet, create a paint with Perfect Fabric Medium and Forever Blue Perfect Pearls and paint in the stamped swirl images. Set aside to dry.
(9) Cut one 4″ x 4″ rectangle of muslin. Spray the muslin with Mini Mister containing water followed by Cranberry Color Wash. Rinse to remove excess color. Let dry and iron flat. Ink Woodcut Hearts & Swirls stamp with Perfect Medium Stamp Pad and stamp onto dyed muslin. Use Cosmetic Brush to brush on Forever Red Perfect Pearls over the stamped image. Brush off excess powder. Working on the Craft Sheet, create a paint with Perfect Fabric Medium and Berry Twist Perfect Pearls and paint in stamped images.
(10) Repeat Step 9, using Stream and Bottle Color Wash and AlphaSayings Stamp with Perfect Green Perfect Pearls.
(11) Piece the three dyed muslin scraps together to form a patchwork pattern overlapping as desired. Pin the right sides together and machine sew each patch together. Iron the seams flat on the back.
(12) Use a sewing machine to sew the photo transfer to the center of the patchwork muslin.
(13) Hand-sew cream seed beads in a border around the photo transfer block using gold metallic thread. Using metallic thread and colored seed beads hand-sew accents around the red and blue stamped and painted patches. This will complete your sachet top.
Completing the Sachet
(14) Cut one 6″ x 7″ rectangle of muslin. Spray the muslin with Mini Mister containing water followed by Denim and Eggplant Color Wash. Rinse to remove excess color. Let dry and iron flat. Set aside.
(15) Cut one 6″ x 7″ rectangle of white tulle and one 6″ x 7″ rectangle of quilt batting.
(16) Sandwich the quilt batting between the dyed muslin and the tulle. Pin the edges to prevent shifting when sewing.
(17) Use a disappearing ink quilting pen or chalk pencil and a ruler, mark a 4½” x 5½” rectangle in the center of the fabric.
(18) Machine-sew through all of the layers along the chalk line on three sides creating a pocket. Fill the pocket with lavender between the quilt batting and the tulle and then machine sew the pocket closed. This is the sachet bottom.
(19) Pin the embellished sachet top to the sachet bottom. Machine-sew all of the layers together leaving at least a ½” seam allowance on all sides.
(20) Lay the sachet on a self-healing cutting mat. Use a ruler and a quilting rotary cutter to trim all of the edges ¼” from each sewn line to complete the sachet.