You've Got This Card by Joy Baldwin
It's hard to believe school is either already back in session or the start is right around the corner! In this tutorial, Joy Baldwin, shares a fun card tutorial perfect for back to school. Using Simon Hurley create. Inks and Stamps, this card is the perfect encouragement for anyone's first day.
- Simon Hurley create. Dye Ink: Woof!, Remember Me
- Simon Hurley create. Photopolymer Stamp Sets: Bestest Friends, Space Training
- Simon Hurley create. Background Stamp: Classic Flannel
- Simon Hurley create. Stark White Cardstock
- Tim Holtz Distress® Markers: Vintage Photo, Worn Lipstick, Candied Apple, Black Soot, Dried Marigold, Faded Jeans, Ground Espresso
- Tim Holtz® Water Brush: Detailer Tip
- Letter It™ Embossing Ink
- Letter It™ Foam Roll: White
- Letter It™ Acrylic Stamping Block
- Ranger Embossing Powder: Super Fine White
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Ranger Liquid Pearls: Garnet
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad: Jet Black
- Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool & Foam
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
- Tim Holtz Alterations by Sizzix Die: Framelits Stitched Circle
- Tim Holtz by Stampers Anonymous Cling Stamp: Schoolhouse
- Paper Trimmer
Step 1: To start making the background paper use Tim Holtz Schoolhouse Stamp Set (the books and pencils), stamp all over Simon Hurley create. Stark White Cardstock (cut to 4-1/4x5-1/2) using Letter It Clear Embossing Ink. Pour White Super Fine Embossing Powder over the entire piece of cardstock. Pour excess back into the jar.
Step 2: Using the Ranger Heat It Craft Tool, melt all of the embossing powder on the background piece of cardstock.
Step 3: To add some color to the embossed background, use the Mini Ink Blending Tool and Simon Hurley create. Remember Me Ink. Blend from the top and bottom of the background and fade out into the bottom center of the card panel leaving a white area.
Step 4: Take another piece of Stark White Cardstock (cut to 4-1/4x5-1/2) and stamp the Classic Flannel Background Stamp with Woof! Ink.
Step 5: Now to color the boy and girl from Bestest Friends Stamp Set. Stamp them with Jet Black Archival Ink and color them with Distress Markers. Color the Markers onto the Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet and use the Detailer Waterbrush to dip into the color and then color the characters. Hand cut the boy and girl out.
Step 6: Die cut a circle of Stark White Cardstock using the Tim Holtz® Stitched Circles Framelits Die from Sizzix. Trim down a piece of the stamped background. On a separate piece of card stock, stamp the sentiment from the Simon Hurley create, Space Training Stamp Set and trim that down.
Step 7: Add a little color to the die cut circle, around the edges with Remember Me Ink and the Mini Ink Blending Tool.
Step 8: Adhere the stamped flannel strip to the lower half of the background card panel with Multi Medium Matte Glue, trim off excess paper. Glue background panel to an A2 size card base. For dimension, use Ranger's Foam Adhesive to pop up the die cut circle onto the paper strip.
Step 9: Use Multi Medium Matte Glue to adhere the boy and girl to the circle, then use the Foam Adhesive behind the sentiment strip to give that some dimension and adhere that on top of the circle die cut.
Step10: To add a pop of color, use Liquid Pearls in Garnet and add a scattering of dots on the background panel.