I love Valentine’s Day and creating fun décor to brighten up my home in the heart of the winter. This little project is simple, colorful, and all your own. I hope you enjoy creating it!
Here’s how you put it together.
1. Trace your heart tin onto the front of the sticky backed canvas with a pencil.
2. Remove any hanging bits from the tin and then roughly paint it, first with a coat of the picket fence, then, once dry, with the spun sugar. You don’t need to completely cover it – you are going for a weathered look.
3. Do the outside rim and then the inside rim where your canvas won’t cover. Put this to the side and let it dry.
4. When the paint has dried, scuff the surface with a sanding block.
5. The finish will look weathered.
6. Hand-sketch a heart onto your canvas using a pencil.
7. Take your paint brush and add gel medium into the heart.
8. Let Gel Medium dry.
9. Take your crushed grape and cherry pie sprays and mist over your heart.
10. Dab with a paper towel.
11. Add white linen spray to mute out and blend the colors.
12. Once you have the desired look, take a baby wipe and clean off the heart to let the white show through.
13. Cut out the heart, cutting about ¼” inside the pencil lines.
14. Make sure it fits and trim more if need be.
15. Add your phrase or saying to the canvas, using the permanent marker.
16. Add in a doodle or two if you want to.
17. Remove the adhesive from the back of the canvas and insert it into the tin.
18. Add twine and ribbons to the hook on the tin and hang it up.
Now all that is left is to enjoy the love in your life – whether it is the love of your partner, your pet, your kids, your family, or your friends. Celebrate love and just breathe into it all.
Happy Valentine’s Day from my family to yours!