I love art journaling. I never go anywhere without one on me – or maybe 2. Lots of times I pre-make some backgrounds so that when I have time I can add my doodling. Here’s one that is quick and fun to create.
1. Open your journal to a new set of pages. Spray the pages with water from your Mister
2. Pick a color of Dylusions spray and mist the pages quickly. If over-saturated, use a paper towel to quickly wipe away pools.
3. Close the art journal and hold it for a second or two with your hand, adding light pressure.
4. Open the journal back up. You should have a fairly symmetrical image across both pages.
5. Heat set your pages. Repeat the process with a second color.
7. Once you are happy with the colors, do a similar process with gesso.
8. Allow the gesso to dry completely.
9. Now you have created a fun background so all that is left to do is add your thoughts, your doodles, and the rest of your ink work to the page!