1. Brush a piece of Frosted with Multi Matte Medium with a nice even coat, and set aside to dry. This is essential to do so that the Liquid Pearls does not peel off of the Frosted piece. I first did this without, and it did not work.
2. Once dry, die cut the coated Frosted piece with the Layered Butterfly Bigz Die.
3. Using your finger, apply Cantaloupe, Buttercup, and Chestnut Liquid Pearls to the wings of the butterfly in a thin coat making sure to cover the Frosted piece, and use Onyx for the center portion of the butterfly’s body. Set this aside to dry completely.
4. Once it’s dry, gather Jet Black Archival and the coordinating Texture Fade for the butterfly. Rub the inside front of the texture fade with Jet Black Archival, and quickly place the dried butterfly in place, and emboss it with a Sizzix machine. Remove the butterfly, and clean the Texture Fade with alcohol to remove the left over Archival Ink. Ink the edges of the butterfly with Jet Black using an Ink Blending Tool.
5. Take the #10 Manila tag and a Harlequin Stencil and lay the stencil over the tag. Using your finger or a palette knife, lightly apply Baby Blue Liquid Pearls over random areas of the border of the tag, leaving the middle bare. Let this dry, and then emboss the Brush Poinsettias Texture Fade in the lower portion of the tag.
You might need to snip the Texture Fade at the seam a little bit with scissors to make it fit the way you want like I did. It will not ruin your Texture Fade to do this as long as you don’t cut it in completely.
6. Using an ink blending tool, ink the flowers with Mustard Seed Distress Ink, and leaves with Olive Archival Ink. Ink the rest of the tag with Salty Ocean Distress Ink. Using Monarch Orange, lightly rub the whole pad over the flower portion to highlight the edges of the flowers. Ink the edges of the tag with the Monarch Orange as well, and then distress the edges with a Distress Tool.
7. Using Avocado Liquid Pearls fill in the debossed areas of the leaves. Use White Opal to add centers to the flowers, and Cantaloupe to outline the flowers. Stamp a sentiment on a piece of Manila in Jet Black and trim it to size, then ink with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.
8. Sew the Manila Tag to a larger #12 Black Surfaces tag that has been trimmed to be just over 1/2 inch bigger than the Manila tag, and stitch the sentiment as well.
9. Adhere the butterfly to the tag by applying Multi Matte Medium to the center of the body. Paint an Idea-ology large Arrow with Black Soot Distress paint, dry and adhere it to the butterfly’s body. Apply Remnant Rubs to various areas of the tag. Ink a piece of Crinkle Ribbon with Monarch Orange Archival, and then lightly mist it with water. Crinkle it up, and dry it with a heat tool, and then affix it in place on the hole of the tag.